College Football and Covid19 (Cancellations, Postponements etc)

candyman93

13 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm almost certain they will. 

just looking at the week 1 schedule. they could move Mia@NE(cam's pat debut) and Packer@Vikings(rivals) to sat. give them a 4 O'clock and 8 O'clock time slot between CBS/FOX. those games would be a ratings hit for the networks/NFL

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, August4th said:

just looking at the week 1 schedule. they could move Mia@NE(cam's pat debut) and Packer@Vikings(rivals) to sat. give them a 4 O'clock and 8 O'clock time slot between CBS/FOX. those games would be a ratings hit for the networks/NFL

Having football vs not having football would be a ratings hit. We'll still have golf this late but no other sports, I believe so there's no competition for a sports-starved nation. 

This is assuming we have NFL games though which I also feel they should delay a couple months. It's almost certain there won't be a combine this/next year

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

"In the next 72 hours, college football is going to come to a complete stop."

Leaders around the industry are meeting over the next three days with expectation of a postponement or cancellation to the 2020 fall college football season.

Multiple sources told @SINow earlier today that the Big Ten is moving toward a cancellation and is engaging other Power 5 conferences in hopes of a uniform decision this coming week.

"We have a lot of work to do that is no fun."

https://mobile.twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1292595860933672968

I can’t confirm this next part, but I keep reading Monday the Big 10 is canceling. Honestly, I think the NCAA is terrified of the unionizing talk more than anything.

Edited by candyman93

9 minutes ago, winitall said:
This may be a top-5 twist in college football history. The biggest names in the sport getting all of the Clay Travis bro’s on their side tweeting #WeWantToPlay all day and then throwing up the union posters now. Truly terrific stuff. 

absolutely god tier move. you love to see it

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, winitall said:

This may be a top-5 twist in college football history. The biggest names in the sport getting all of the Clay Travis bro’s on their side tweeting #WeWantToPlay all day and then throwing up the union posters now. Truly terrific stuff. 

Thought that OSU was taking care of their players and they didn't need BigTenUnited. Good thing they publicly threw their fellow players under the bus when this is exactly what that movement was trying to accomplish from the start.

Edited by JammerHammer21
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Having football vs not having football would be a ratings hit. We'll still have golf this late but no other sports, I believe so there's no competition for a sports-starved nation. 

This is assuming we have NFL games though which I also feel they should delay a couple months. It's almost certain there won't be a combine this/next year

They will have a combine but I expect it to be made up a lot differently.  Maybe spread out over a longer period, or regionalized to make physical distancing and sanitization easier.  They need to have the combine, especially without a fall season.  If they have a spring season, expect there to be a ton of players declaring for the draft.