College Football and Covid19 (Cancellations, Postponements etc)

candyman93

4 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

The cynical answer is this is literally just a union breaking measure and I am almost positive that's what it is lol. But it looks like the players won't be cowed, which is huge. If they can just sustain this and stay with the unionizing they'll win.

The toughest part is a lot of these guys are only there for 3-4 years. The staying power is more limited which makes it more difficult. 

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The only problem.

The NCAA just flat out said: “There is no way in hell we will recognize you guys as employees.“

They’re willing to lose billions so they never have to admit it.

Its such a fine line because they're not employees. But for many of these players it is their livelihood.  

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The toughest part is a lot of these guys are only there for 3-4 years. The staying power is more limited which makes it more difficult. 

This is exactly why it why it won’t work. The players need to sustain this for years and get high school kids who aren’t informed on board before they leave and the school can always wait out problematic star players. Hell there is already a strong likelihood that Lawrence and Fields have a premature end to their college career and the schools never have to think about them again 

Just now, Danger said:

Cancel, or move to spring...? I'm all for moving things to spring.

Here’s my question..  you’re a senior like a Lawrence or Fields. You are probably getting drafted in March/April. Are you risking playing and getting injured around that time. Also once your drafted.... wouldn’t your NFL team tell you to knock it off with college? 

Just now, lancerman said:

Here’s my question..  you’re a senior like a Lawrence or Fields. You are probably getting drafted in March/April. Are you risking playing and getting injured around that time. Also once your drafted.... wouldn’t your NFL team tell you to knock it off with college? 

Fields and Lawrence have spoken out in favor of playing. 

And yeah while they are expected to be top 5 picks each, they're Juniors.

Just now, candyman93 said:

Dang

Imagine OSU and Clemson joining the SEC for 1 season.

I'd have to imagine that the Big Ten would hit them with some sort of sanctions or punishments. Not sure how, but I feel like being part of one conference you can't just say "screw you guys I'm not going home." and everything's just fine.