College Football and Covid19 (Cancellations, Postponements etc)

candyman93

14 minutes ago, mse326 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30545646/notre-dame-fighting-irish-coach-brian-kelly-threatens-not-play-college-football-playoff

So I don't know where to put this, so it's going here.

Maybe I'm overreacting but if I was in position to make a decision at ND I'd fire Kelly. If he stayed and I'm on the team, I'd transfer. If I'm a recruit they are off my list. How do you say what is the point of playing in a playoff semifinal if family can't be in the stands. The whole point of playing is to win the damn championship, that is the point, you stupid donkey.

And if this really is the players and they make the decision, which by the way is BS, then if I'm an NFL exec or coach they aren't anywhere near my team.

Yeah I agree. What a crock of crap stance to take.

Better yet, Notre Dame plays a game worthy of a bid and the committee takes them at their word by leaving them out in favor of a team like A&M. 

Committee chair: “Notre Dame said they were not going to participate in the playoffs due to state mandated restrictions. Therefore, to ensure a matchup, Texas A&M will be the #4 seed.”

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol @MWil23 the B1G continues to be a charade

LOL

I literally said this today and did the math on this to January 1 when OSU had 4 starters test positive. It’s beyond a meme at this point.

Also, the fact that no one has looked at what happened to the basketball kid from Florida and reevaluated myocarditis is beyond reprehensible at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malibuspeedrace said:

All 4 teams should be on an equal playing field in the playoff.....this is where NCAA should be deciding what protocol to follow.

The NCAA is to conferences as the federal government is to state government. One enacts the rules and the other just takes all the money.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

All 4 teams should be on an equal playing field in the playoff.....this is where NCAA should be deciding what protocol to follow.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

The NCAA is to conferences as the federal government is to state government. One enacts the rules and the other just takes all the money.

OHSAA did the same thing for high school sports this year. Absolutely a meme.

• Like 1