Bears LB Danny Trevathan is Suspended for 2 Games

Soko

He should've at least been suspended 3 games at the very minimum if the NFL cared about player safety and all. I think Trevathan should've gotten a 4 game suspension to show hits like that won't be tolerated. 2 games isn't enough.  

6 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah it sucks now that guys who dish out dirty helmet-to-helmet cheap shots are going to be suspended. Shame on the NFL.

You're a Packer fan, so objectivity is an issue here.

Yeah shame on the NFL for reacting to the reaction of the hit, as opposed to considering the components of the play.

7 hours ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

How so?

Because that's not how football works. This isn't an office job. This is a barbaric sports played at high speeds and intensity, yet you say "just follow the rules". That's where your naivety is existent. I'm sure almost everybody is trying to follow the rules but quite often when in the participation of the game you revert to instincts.

I would be fine with suspending every player that makes a tackle by  dropping their eyes and driving the top of their helmet into another player whether the other player gets hurt or not. Was a garbage way to tackle when Brandon merriweather used to do it all the time and it's garbage now

10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah it sucks now that guys who dish out dirty helmet-to-helmet cheap shots are going to be suspended. Shame on the NFL.

Lets not pretend this was anything more than optics by the NFL. It was a dirty hit, no question, but the NFL doesnt give a crap about player safety. if you disagree i can expand, but imo its hard to take the other side on this. 

Even if you want to argue that the play wasn't (intentionally) malicious, why is he even leading with his head as tackle someone who is being pushed back where there's been a clear and definitive lapse in time with him being pushed back? It wasn't a bang-bang play.

2 hours ago, Stevein2012 said:

I would be fine with suspending every player that makes a tackle by  dropping their eyes and driving the top of their helmet into another player whether the other player gets hurt or not. Was a garbage way to tackle when Brandon merriweather used to do it all the time and it's garbage now

100% ok with this. Leading with the helmet like that is ridiculously dangerous.

2 games is not enough. It should have been 4. That is a dirty hit on every level, high, spearing, late, and unnecessary. He wasn't trying to "make a tackle" he was trying to "blow someone up". That makes it not a good football play and just dirty and stupid.

1 hour ago, Malik said:

Even if you want to argue that the play wasn't (intentionally) malicious, why is he even leading with his head as tackle someone who is being pushed back where there's been a clear and definitive lapse in time with him being pushed back? It wasn't a bang-bang play.

I smh at folks who think this kind of "tackle" is acceptable in football.  There is a reason why the league doesn't want players leading with the crown of their helmet because it puts both the "tackler" and the runner in jeopardy.   

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

The NCAA is maybe a little too aggressive with their approach to targeting, but it didn't take long for NCAA players to adapt.  The NFL should take a similar approach.  

The number of these penalties have risen since 2013 in the NCAA.

Archived