Suicide Pool?

jp_chilli

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

the cardinals in baseball have not played in 2 weeks because of the virus if that happens in the nfl for any team you kind of just have to stop the season. you can't really make up games in football. 

You could push all the games back or play a condensed schedule, but they might as well just cancel the entire season, especially since the start of the NFL season coincides with the start of flu season, and people are going to freak out over every sniffle.

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

You could push all the games back or play a condensed schedule, but they might as well just cancel the entire season, especially since the start of the NFL season coincides with the start of flu season, and people are going to freak out over every sniffle.

They are going to freak out but arent they going to get tested a ton anyways. If its the sniffles and Covid negative they’d still play right?

@Woz recently stepped down as a Moderator and has been pretty busy IRL, so I'm pretty sure he's not running the pool this year.

We'd always love and support a volunteer for the Suicide Pool... I know I don't have the time or ability to run one.

6 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

The Packers have already canceled fan participation at the stadium for the first two home games....

Meanwhile Washington sent the season-ticket holders an email saying that fan attendance is on, but that you can opt out as they will have limits on how many people and your ticket is likely to change.  Meanwhile up the road in Baltimore (literally up the beltway about 35-40 minutes) the Ravens announced two months ago that no fans could come to any games.  So there is no rhyme or reason to any of this right now, which is a problem. 

54 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

The Packers have already canceled fan participation at the stadium for the first two home games....

yea but you can play without fans as you've seen already. Dont get me wrong its not a great idea to play at all but still. fan participation doesnt mean it happens

Honestly I think if we think the season ends early we make everyone pick 2 teams and if you're alive after week 8(you'll have to get crafty bc of byes) you start over

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

yea but you can play without fans as you've seen already. Dont get me wrong its not a great idea to play at all but still. fan participation doesnt mean it happens

Honestly I think if we think the season ends early we make everyone pick 2 teams and if you're alive after week 8(you'll have to get crafty bc of byes) you start over

Considering the players are equally capable of spreading the virus, fans or no fans is really inconsequential..... A bubble and endless testing, perhaps being the remedy?....

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Meanwhile Washington sent the season-ticket holders an email saying that fan attendance is on, but that you can opt out as they will have limits on how many people and your ticket is likely to change.  Meanwhile up the road in Baltimore (literally up the beltway about 35-40 minutes) the Ravens announced two months ago that no fans could come to any games.  So there is no rhyme or reason to any of this right now, which is a problem. 

Sounds like they're encouraging people to opt out, knowing full well they won't allow full capacity at the stadium anyway....