Astros/Athletics get into it

naptownskinsfan

It's crap that the A's were hit 5 times in that series, but couldn't retaliate without the fear of MLB giving them the Joe Kelly treatment. Just further goes to show how much of a joke it is that Kelly received more games than the entire roster of Astros players that were complicit in cheating their way to a WS win. The Astros essentially got to cheat and are getting an added advantage over teams this year because of it. How does that make any sense. 

22 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He will get less games than Laureano, who will get the same amount or more than Joe Kelly. 

I don't have much faith that it'll get handled right, but I think Laureano should get 4 (same as Harper vs. Strickland). It'll probably be 6-8.

Again, I don't know what should be done about Cintron. Suspending him for a couple of games doesn't really do anything. He probably should be fired, but that'd mean either Manfred or the Astros doing something right. Coaches can't do that stuff.

11 hours ago, drew39k said:

It's crap that the A's were hit 5 times in that series, but couldn't retaliate without the fear of MLB giving them the Joe Kelly treatment. Just further goes to show how much of a joke it is that Kelly received more games than the entire roster of Astros players that were complicit in cheating their way to a WS win. The Astros essentially got to cheat and are getting an added advantage over teams this year because of it. How does that make any sense. 

Maybe you can send them back in time and suspend them during the 2017 season.

On 8/9/2020 at 8:53 PM, nagahide13 said:

I don't know what you do to Cintron here. You can't have managers/coaches instigating fights with players on the other team. He should probably be fired.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29640280/source-astros-hitting-coach-alex-cintron-suspended-20-games 

Ramon gets 6. Cintron gets 20. They actually brought the hammer against him.

• Like 3