College Football 2020 - Power 5s Are All In

plan9misfit

Just now, dll2000 said:

That would be awesome.  

I haven't watched CF in about 4 years except for playoffs and after season scouting players for draft.

I would watch an SEC+ league thumbing their noses at conferences that cancelled season.

58 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

SEC isnt canceling, allegedly, and is inviting teams all across America to play in the SEC this year. 

I love the invitation, but I doubt the attorneys working for many of those universities will allow it to happen. The B1G and Pac-12 opted out because of their believed/perceived health concerns, so I see little way for them to jump to another conference. It’s not as if the board of regents are suddenly going to change their minds on the issue.

Make no mistake: I WANT every team to play. I just don’t see it happening. Too much financial liability because we’re dealing with amateur players, not professionals.

Edited by plan9misfit

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Honestly, if you are a sure-fire 1st round pick (and Chase is) - you absolutely should sit the year out. 

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Honestly, if you are a sure-fire 1st round pick (and Chase is) - you absolutely should sit the year out. 

Like I’ve said before, the NFL should’ve used the Supplemental Draft this year to open the door for 2020 Redshirt Sophomores, 2020 Juniors, and Seniors to jump to the NFL because of Covid-19.

8 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

is there any sure fire 1st rd pick when the draft is 8-10 months away?? just asking.

Yes. Chase being a perfect example.

Let me ask you this way, before last year had started - do you think Chase Young was a 1st rounder? Some can rise - but others are firmly cemented.

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Yes. Chase being a perfect example.

Let me ask you this way, before last year had started - do you think Chase Young was a 1st rounder? Some can rise - but others are firmly cemented.

Maybe Chase is the exception the the rule.. Just saying... seems like so much time and every year Mocks that are 1 season earlier always have huge changes..

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Maybe Chase is the exception the the rule.. Just saying... seems like so much time and every year Mocks that are 1 season earlier always have huge changes..

Not really. There are usually a number of guys each year who are known 1st round commodities. There are also guys who jump into the first round, but we can all gives lists of guys who were (and wound up being) 1st round prospects as Sophomores.

• 3 weeks later...

So Jackson St has hired Deion Sanders as HC. That’s .... interesting.

Sanders then goes out and hires....

Warren Sapp to coach DL and Terrell Owens to coach WR.....

I don’t know if they can coach worth a damn, but I bet they can talk a better game than any coaching staff on the planet.