Lamar Miller to NE; Released 9/5

Soko

One year deal, pending a physical.

Not really sure this moves the needle much, but NE’s run game last year was weak overall. Sony got injured early (surprise surprise) and wasn’t playing well all year, White is a pass catcher, Burkhead is a fragile utility guy, Bolden an emergency RB/STer (he opted out), and Harris couldn’t even get game day active. With Sony still not cleared from his foot surgery, they might just need the body. 

Think NE needs a back to pound the ball and I’m not sure Miller’s that, but it’ll be interesting to throw him in that mix. He’s carried a bigger load than I thought he would in his time in Houston.

Edited by Yin-Yang

Dude had no gas left in the tank before he tore his ACL last preseason. 

To his credit, he did well in a bad scheme - he's a guy who thrives in space, off tackle, outside the hashes. YOLO BoB decided to run him up the middle, almost non-stop. 

I'm surprised he didn't literally fall apart. He's a good pass protector in the pocket (given the G/C/G combo isn't a turnstile) and has some reliable hands in the passing game. But, I doubt he's anything more than a warm body at this point.