2020 Mock Draft Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

I have a draft on Friday. Just started recently doing some research...Did a 12-team standard scoring mock draft on Draftwizard….not sure if those are realistic Mock drafts because my team just looks way to good. 12 teams, 7th pick...

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Alvin Kamara 
RB: Chris Carson
WR: Chris Godwin
WR: Devante Parker
Flex: James Conner 
TE: Evan Engram
DST: Rams
K: Jake Elliott 

Bench:
AJ Green WR
Marquise Brown WR
DeAndre Swift RB
Antonio Brown RB
Rob Gronkowski TE
Joe Burrow QB 

I don't know, seems like I wouldn't have a chance at half those guys in a real draft. 

45 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I have a draft on Friday. Just started recently doing some research...Did a 12-team standard scoring mock draft on Draftwizard….not sure if those are realistic Mock drafts because my team just looks way to good. 12 teams, 7th pick...

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Alvin Kamara 
RB: Chris Carson
WR: Chris Godwin
WR: Devante Parker
Flex: James Conner 
TE: Evan Engram
DST: Rams
K: Jake Elliott 

Bench:
AJ Green WR
Marquise Brown WR
DeAndre Swift RB
Antonio Brown RB
Rob Gronkowski TE
Joe Burrow QB 

I don't know, seems like I wouldn't have a chance at half those guys in a real draft. 

How did Kamara make it to you? Idk if this is a standard league or PPR league. If standard then I get it to a point but I think I'm in the vast minority that thinks he's not so amazing in standard leagues. Him and Carson are a great 1-2 punch and I love me some Chris Godwin. DeVante Parker is someone I'm high on, not so much on Conner though. I dont love the QB situation at all but I like the bench for RB/WRs

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How did Kamara make it to you? Idk if this is a standard league or PPR league. If standard then I get it to a point but I think I'm in the vast minority that thinks he's not so amazing in standard leagues. Him and Carson are a great 1-2 punch and I love me some Chris Godwin. DeVante Parker is someone I'm high on, not so much on Conner though. I dont love the QB situation at all but I like the bench for RB/WRs

It is standard scoring, sorry. And yeah obviously Kamara doesn't have as strong of a value in Standard leagues. Chubb and Mixon were still on the board. 

Man I hate going into the draft with a set game plan of how I'm going to draft, just because its gotten me in trouble before. Stud WR is there in the 3rd round but you're dead set on selecting a RB so you reach for a mediocre one! 

Anyway, this year the WR group is so good you could draft RBs in the first 4 rounds and still come out of your draft with a really good WR group. 

Who are some of the rookies you like? I have a few guys I like but don't want to fall into that rookie hype. But it's very tempting to take a chance on a few of them...especially...

1. DeAndre Swift RB
2. Jonathan Taylor RB (coming around on this)
3. CeeDee Lamb WR
4. Justin Jefferson WR
5. Henry Ruggs WR
6. Jalen Reagor WR
7. Cam Akers RB 

Edited by holt_bruce81

37 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

It is standard scoring, sorry. And yeah obviously Kamara doesn't have as strong of a value in Standard leagues. Chubb and Mixon were still on the board. 

Man I hate going into the draft with a set game plan of how I'm going to draft, just because its gotten me in trouble before. Stud WR is there in the 3rd round but you're dead set on selecting a RB so you reach for a mediocre one! 

Anyway, this year the WR group is so good you could draft RBs in the first 4 rounds and still come out of your draft with a really good WR group. 

Who are some of the rookies you like? I have a few guys I like but don't want to fall into that rookie hype. But it's very tempting to take a chance on a few of them...especially...

1. DeAndre Swift RB
3. CeeDee Lamb WR
4. Justin Jefferson WR
5. Henry Ruggs WR
6. Jalen Reagor WR
7. Cam Akers RB 

Rookies I like are Ruggs and Reagor, I also would like Taylor but his adp is too high for my liking, even if it should be worth it hile Ruggs and Reagor are very low

If you get to Taylor and are in need of a RB I think hes good pick, I just plan to have 2 rbs by then but if the draft doesnt shake out that way I would go for him

Edited by Motion

4 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

1. DeAndre Swift RB
3. CeeDee Lamb WR
4. Justin Jefferson WR
5. Henry Ruggs WR
6. Jalen Reagor WR
7. Cam Akers RB 

Going into the draft with such a rigid plan is a horrible idea. Thats why tier-based seems to work really well. 

I think Akers should be higher on the list than the WRs not Lamb. 

• Like 1

Just did a 12 team PPR mock from the 12 spot. It unfolded interestingly but I kind of like it. Thoughts?

QB- Stafford (11)

RB- Sanders(1)/Jacobs(2)

WR- Hilton (6)/M.Brown(5)

TE- Ertz (4)

FLEX- Fournette (3)

K- Justin Tucker(14)

DST- Broncos (15)

BN- Cam Akers(7)Dionte Johnson (8), Reagor(9),Golden Tate (10), DeSean Jackson(12)Darrington Evans(13)

9 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Just did a 12 team PPR mock from the 12 spot. It unfolded interestingly but I kind of like it. Thoughts?

QB- Stafford (11)

RB- Sanders(1)/Jacobs(2)

WR- Hilton (6)/M.Brown(5)

TE- Ertz (4)

FLEX- Fournette (3)

K- Justin Tucker(14)

DST- Broncos (15)

BN- Cam Akers(7)Dionte Johnson (8), Reagor(9),Golden Tate (10), DeSean Jackson(12)Darrington Evans(13)

Its a very strange scenario for me to say I dont know what to think of Leonard Fournette...given that he's on my favorite team. Idk if he gets traded, if the relationship is ruined but he is in a contract year and its not like we have anyone that makes you think twice about him getting spelled alot in the rushing department. So long as Chris Thompson is healthy it hurts his value in PPR

Sanders/Jacobs is a great 1-2 punch from the 12 spot. I'm not a huge Sanders fan but my mindset is 100% on picking from 8. I like where you got him and am a big Jacobs fan too. 

I like Ertz, but I had him last year and yea in the 2nd half of the season he was great but Dallas Goedert will only get more and their offense is healthy again. Plus you got Reagor and DJax

I like the bench and the potential of Akers and Dionte. Hilton, if healthy, should be great in Indy. Hollywood isnt a PPR guy but I love him

8 Teams Non-PPR Auction:

QB: Matthew Stafford($1), Daniel Jones ($1)

RB: Christian McCaffrey($57), Derrick Henry($41), Mark Ingram($5), Marlon Mack($1), Latavius Murray($1)

WR: Chris Godwin($29), Calvin Ridley($20), DJ Chark($9), Hollywood Brown($5), Diontae Johnson($1), CeeDee Lamb($1)

TE: Travis Kelce($29)

DST/K: Do you really care? I spent $1 on each

1. I Know all 8 team league rosters should look stacked

2. This was supposed to be a 12 man league but we had a ton of dropouts

This is a learning experience as far as doing mock auctions with only 8 teams. Spending $57 on CMC is probably too much but Henry for $41 is under what I'd be willing to spend Non-PPR. Happy with Godwin and Kelce at $29 each but I probably shouldn't have spent so much on a WR there. If not for spending $57 on CMC it might've made a difference. idk

If I could do it all over again I might consider getting someone like Josh Jacobs and Chris Carson/Calvin Ridley instead of CMC. I couldn't even afford the $16 to get Chris Carson so that sucked but overall I do really like it(again I know 8 team leagues are so small you should love your team but getting 2 #1s and 2 #2s plus WRs like Ridley/Chark would be tough to beat I'd think