Grading the 2015 Draft?

Humble_Beast

What do you feel is a fair time table to grade a draft? I say 5 years, so let's reflect. How would you grade the 2015 Draft??

Round 1 (4 overall) - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama - C

Feels like Cooper gave up on us. He was a big part of the 12-4 team, but he really fell off his last days here. He's still a WR1 in Dallas but I thought he was going to be a Raider great. I guess we could have did worse and draft Kevin White. A big debate at the time was Cooper or Big Kat. Big Kat might have enjoyed being a Raider better, and would have saved us from drafting Ward later. 

Round 2 -- Mario Edwards Jr, DE, Florida State - D+

Edwards had a good rookie year and seemed like he was poised to break out. His downfall was injuries, and never fulfilled his potential as a rookie. He kinda bounced back as a rotation player on the contending New Orleans Saints. Assumptions would be to draft starters in the 2nd/3rd rounds

Round 3 -- Clive Walford, TE, Miami - F

I guess he did start his rookie year. Another guy who just didn't live up to the hype. Didn't even make it to to a second contract, after being thought of as the TE of the future. Currently a borderline NFL player

Round 4 - Jon Feliciano, OG, Miami- B

Solid depth player during his rookie contract, which is fine for mid to late round pick. Signed on with the Steelers after his rookie contract. Would have been an A if he developed into a starter for the team. I remember at the time he was considered a "reach" but end up being one of the better picks. 

Round 5a - Ben Heeney, LB, Kansas - D

I actually had hopes for him as starting MLB. He flashed a little during his rookie year, but fell flat on his face as a starter. Couldn't hang with the big boys, and couldn't even stick as depth/special teamer. Ended up being a XFL player after showing some promise. At least want depth with mid/late round picks

Round 5b - Neiron Ball, LB, Florida INC

RIP, poor guy. He actually flashed his rookie year, but health didn't allow him to sustain his play. 

Round 6 - Max Valles, DE, Virginia - F

Never even made an appearance in a NFL game. I believe he was draft at 20 years old, but never amounted to anything. 

Round 7a - Anthony Morris, OT, Tennessee State- F

Never made it out of camp. Another XFL player

Round 7b - Andre Debose, WR/KR, Florida- F

Another guy who never made a NFL appearance 

Round 7c - Dexter McDonald, CB, Kansas- C

at least he stuck around for a few years as depth. I thought he might breakout at some point, but that never materialized.

Upon looking back, what are your final thoughts on the 2015 draft class? That class was suppose to help the Mack/Carr get over. 

Let’s just say I made better “real time picks” from my prison cell with only 5 draft guide magazines and a banker’s box full of Printed out scouting reports, mock drafts, etc did than Reggie McKenzie.  

I remember picking Cooper, Eddie Goldman, and Danielle Hunter in the first 3 rounds and killed it in rounds 4-7.  I’ll have to go find the draft guide I used but Man oh Man they nailed it that year.  

Our entire draft was horrible.... the entire process and philosophy of drafting Reggie had was just piss poor.

9 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Let’s just say I made better “real time picks” from my prison cell with only 5 draft guide magazines and a banker’s box full of Printed out scouting reports, mock drafts, etc did than Reggie McKenzie.  

I remember picking Cooper, Eddie Goldman, and Danielle Hunter in the first 3 rounds and killed it in rounds 4-7.  I’ll have to go find the draft guide I used but Man oh Man they nailed it that year.  

Our entire draft was horrible.... the entire process and philosophy of drafting Reggie had was just piss poor.

RM seemed so good in the beginning but then it became predictable and he made poor decisions.  I still think to this day that a teams leaked information on wanting Joseph and Ward just to see if RM would reach for them.

52 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Gross. 

What a terrible draft that highlights how little attention we've paid to LB and taken reaches trying to look smart. 

Up until this off-season, we still need more,  a lot of posters have been screaming for LB help.   Seems to be ignored a lot and especially when RM was here.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Up until this off-season, we still need more,  a lot of posters have been screaming for LB help.   Seems to be ignored a lot and especially when RM was here.

So true.... Reggie would make such Obviously ridiculous picks that if they ever panned out 50% he’d look like an evil genius.  But they never did.... like ever (ok someone could find  one if your trying to ruin my joke).  We need a DT bad and there’s Bama’s Jarran Reed and A’Shawn Robinson on the board... fresh off dominating the ‘15 season ... take your pick of what type of DT you want.... nope Jihad Ward!  Just so he can say he followed him since His college days at Global Institute of Technology!  Smh