Bills sign HC Sean McDermott to an extension

Trentwannabe

I was just going to post this. Solid move hopefully it is the right one which everyone seems to think so. I expect Beane to sign one as well in the near future. This duo has done something very few GMs/HCs in this league are able to do and that is to cohesively exist and are on the same page. Hopefully this is a strong sign of good years of football ahead

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Hope nobody put money on this haha

One of the first things I noticed about McD is his ability to get this team to refocus and not feel sorry for themselves. The team laid an egg every now and then in 2017 and 2018, but he would always find a way to get them fighting again. Today- we rarely ever lay an egg. Teams don't steam roll us like they did in 2017 and 2018. We also rarely ever lose against a team we should beat, and that goes back to 2017 when we were destined to be a bottom 3 team. 

• Like 1

For most of my life I've been waiting for a coach that gives me confidence every week, no matter the opponent. McDermott gives me that and I couldn't be happier to have him locked up long-term. He's earned every penny. Best Bills coach in my lifetime by quite a significant margin. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Funny how that is only 2 years old and he has already outlasted 9 of those coaches on the list as they have already been canned since then. Patricia is likely to go this year unless lions have a miracle. 

About time were not one of those teams recycling through coaches like crazy.

4 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

One of the first things I noticed about McD is his ability to get this team to refocus and not feel sorry for themselves. The team laid an egg every now and then in 2017 and 2018, but he would always find a way to get them fighting again. Today- we rarely ever lay an egg. Teams don't steam roll us like they did in 2017 and 2018. We also rarely ever lose against a team we should beat, and that goes back to 2017 when we were destined to be a bottom 3 team. 

This season will be a big test for that too. With everything going on, McDermott keeping them focused and on track will be directly related to their success on the field.