Raiders sign DL Datone Jones

RaidersAreOne

He’s obviously here cause of Marinelli, hasn’t played football in over a year. Overall depth at DT is not the best for the Raiders so I can’t say he doesn’t have a shot, but I’m not liking his chances. Well see with him he doesn’t have a lot of time to impress.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

He’s obviously here cause of Marinelli, hasn’t played football in over a year. Overall depth at DT is not the best for the Raiders so I can’t say he doesn’t have a shot, but I’m not liking his chances. Well see with him he doesn’t have a lot of time to impress.

I am starting to see a trend of bringing in guys that have not played very much over the past couple years.  Looks like we are trying to catch lightning in a bottle for pennies.

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Definition of a "what could've been" guy as far as his draft profile goes.

That being said, maybe he pulls a Dion Jordan and rebounds into a decent spot guy. We've had decent luck with guys who were almost afterthoughts lately. If so, it could give us some depth at a position of need. Best of luck to him.

Yep, very much a Dion Jordan type signing. I really liked him in his draft class and thought he'd be better than he's been. For our purposes, he's athletic and quite long so I imagine he'll play the role of slotting inside and he could be quite useful as a 4th/5th option.

It’s Iike a 1 in 10-20 chance these type of signings ever workout... even mildly.  Jordan worked out pretty well.... and we let him go to try and find the next 1:20 odds signing..... only in Vegas lol.  Hey I guess we’re playing with house money when we sign guys like this for TC.

I just feel the DT position group doesn’t nearly compliment each other like the DEs do.  It feels like we’re just trying to get thru the year at DT and next year complete the build.  We have do have some talented DTs  but they seem more like pieces than a collective unit.