Got #2...who do I pick?

AFF

I’m in a 10 team full ppr league...we start 3 RBs...CMC will go 1....who do I go at #2?

Most will say Barkley but I worry about his receiving outlook a lil bit lil even though I’m leaning towards him.

Zeke probably has highest floor but again lower receiving outlook and he might start losing bit to Pollard.

Initially was leaning towards Kamara but IIm not a fan of relying on TDs which can fluctuate even thought the Saints should experience some positive TD regression on the ground this year.

What you guys think?

20 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I’m in a 10 team full ppr league...we start 3 RBs...CMC will go 1....who do I go at #2?

Most will say Barkley but I worry about his receiving outlook a lil bit lil even though I’m leaning towards him.

Zeke probably has highest floor but again lower receiving outlook and he might start losing bit to Pollard.

Initially was leaning towards Kamara but IIm not a fan of relying on TDs which can fluctuate even thought the Saints should experience some positive TD regression on the ground this year.

What you guys think?

I'd take Zeke. I have him in my #2 overall in both PPR and non-PPR. Not sure why you think he'll lose anything more to Pollard

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Zeke or Barkley.  Zeke is likely safer but I think Barkley has the higher ceiling.  His only concern would be an injury but if healthy and you trust the health, I am taking Barkley. 

One thing I was looking at was Zeke has a set “handcuff” in Pollard who should do pretty well if Zeke misses time.

I don’t think Dion Lewis could do sane for the Giants...I’m just trying to look at possible + or -

27 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

One thing I was looking at was Zeke has a set “handcuff” in Pollard who should do pretty well if Zeke misses time.

I don’t think Dion Lewis could do sane for the Giants...I’m just trying to look at possible + or -

I am not a huge fan of having handcuffs.  I dont think any handcuff is a great use of roster spot unless its like Kareem Hunt who will have value on their own.  I'd rather try and draft enough depth to be able to deal with an injury.  In any situation, if you have a top pick get hurt, its hard to replace so I wouldnt use that as a deciding factor at all.  I wouldn't overthink it.  Who do you like better, who would you rather root for, who do you think stays healthy all year.  They are so close that it comes down to those things IMO.  

7 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Zeke or Barkley.  Zeke is likely safer but I think Barkley has the higher ceiling.  His only concern would be an injury but if healthy and you trust the health, I am taking Barkley. 

I agree Zeke is safer but I dont necessarily think Barkley's ceiling is so much higher that I'd take him over Zeke. The injuries do play a factor when looking at 2 guys so close together. 

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I agree Zeke is safer but I dont necessarily think Barkley's ceiling is so much higher that I'd take him over Zeke. The injuries do play a factor when looking at 2 guys so close together. 

PPR, Barkley is easily a better option IMO.  Just look at their best seasons and it will show you the ceilings.  And Barkley had one injury that cost him 3.5 games last year.  He played all 16 as a rookie.  Injuries happen, Barkley is not injury prone.  If Barkley can match the 91 catch, 2000 total yards and 15TDs of his rookie year, that is far better than any year Zeke has had.  

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

PPR, Barkley is easily a better option IMO.  Just look at their best seasons and it will show you the ceilings.  And Barkley had one injury that cost him 3.5 games last year.  He played all 16 as a rookie.  Injuries happen, Barkley is not injury prone.  If Barkley can match the 91 catch, 2000 total yards and 15TDs of his rookie year, that is far better than any year Zeke has had.  

I do agree his ceiling his higher and dont disagree with anything listed above. All I'm saying is they are close enough to where I'd take Zeke because he's done it for longer and hasn't shown any signs of succumbing to injury. I tend to be more risk-averse when drafting that high

On 8/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I am not a huge fan of having handcuffs.  I dont think any handcuff is a great use of roster spot unless its like Kareem Hunt who will have value on their own.  I'd rather try and draft enough depth to be able to deal with an injury.  In any situation, if you have a top pick get hurt, its hard to replace so I wouldnt use that as a deciding factor at all.  I wouldn't overthink it.  Who do you like better, who would you rather root for, who do you think stays healthy all year.  They are so close that it comes down to those things IMO.  

Its about removing downside risk. If one of your starters goes down, you are guaranteed to have someone who is playable and gets carries at RB. Its an efficient use of roster space from the sense it hedges against injuries. 

9 hours ago, N4L said:

Its about removing downside risk. If one of your starters goes down, you are guaranteed to have someone who is playable and gets carries at RB. Its an efficient use of roster space from the sense it hedges against injuries. 

I dont mind it for 1 player...that's it though. It depends on who you use it for

Lets say your 1st RB is Ezekiel Elliott

but

Your 2nd RB is: David Johnson

Yes this is a terrible example lol...who do you handcuff? Elliott has been healthy his whole career. His character is a bigger threat to him missing games than his health while David Johnson is struggling to stay healthy all the time. Do you handcuff the more valuable guy in Zeke who might not ever need it or do you handcuff the guy you might lose really soon?

I think the answer is obvious in Zeke but my point is if you are going to play the handcuff game, you might want to be risk-averse with your other RBs when it comes to their health

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont mind it for 1 player...that's it though. It depends on who you use it for

Lets say your 1st RB is Ezekiel Elliott

but

Your 2nd RB is: David Johnson

Yes this is a terrible example lol...who do you handcuff? Elliott has been healthy his whole career. His character is a bigger threat to him missing games than his health while David Johnson is struggling to stay healthy all the time. Do you handcuff the more valuable guy in Zeke who might not ever need it or do you handcuff the guy you might lose really soon?

I think the answer is obvious in Zeke but my point is if you are going to play the handcuff game, you might want to be risk-averse with your other RBs when it comes to their health

Or you just draft enough RBs to where you have a replacement if they get hurt.  More often than not if a starter is hurt, the team goes to a committee approach, so your handcuff doesn’t get a huge workload anyways.  I’d rather have Deandre Swift in my roster than Pollard.  The only way I have a handcuff is if I think that handcuff is good enough to get reps even without an injury.  

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Or you just draft enough RBs to where you have a replacement if they get hurt.  More often than not if a starter is hurt, the team goes to a committee approach, so your handcuff doesn’t get a huge workload anyways.  I’d rather have Deandre Swift in my roster than Pollard.  The only way I have a handcuff is if I think that handcuff is good enough to get reps even without an injury.  

I’d be surprised if anyone wanted Pollard over Swift but you are right. Rarely does a team use the backup as a bellcow

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

How many points for passing TDs? I thijknthat Mahomes deserves to be in the top 5 argument for most league settings. 

6 but starting lineup is QB/3 RB/3WR/TE/flex...10 team league as well

Edited by AlanFanecaFan