jrry32

The San Antonio Gunslingers' new coaching staff will be:

HC: John DeFilippo

John-DeFilippovert.jpg

OC: Darrell Bevell

bevell_darrell_1.jpg

DC: Kris Richard

20151020richard01-780x520.jpg

Explanation: While we are cognizant that DeFilippo is a risk because of his youth, we'd rather be early than late. DeFilippo is very highly regarded around the NFL and has spent the past two years as our OC under Mike Smith. That continuity with a young QB like Jared Goff is very important to us. Darrell Bevell will bring his 12 years of OC experience over from Seattle. It is our expectation that DeFilippo will continue calling plays. Bevell was a QB Coach in Green Bay prior to joining Brad Childress as OC in Minnesota. Having another experienced coach to aid Goff's development is important to us. Both Bevell and DeFilippo run WCOs, so there should be no conflict on the offensive philosophy. Joining Bevell and DeFilippo is OL Coach Rick Dennison. Dennison also has a background in the WCO and years of experience as an OC, QB Coach, and OL Coach.

On the defensive side of the ball, I've always been impressed by Richard's scheming. He's more aggressive than Gus Bradley. I like an aggressive DC. We've seen Pete Carroll's defense successfully implemented by Dan Quinn in Atlanta, Todd Wash in Jacksonville, and Gus Bradley in San Diego. I believe that Richard can do the same in San Antonio. It will not be a major change for our personnel, but it should allow us to do a better job of masking our weaknesses and playing up to our strengths. I'm very excited to have a coach with the sort of experience and success that Richard has had in the NFL. He's one of the best DB teachers in the NFL, and he presided over successful defenses during his three years as DC in Seattle.

Welcome to San Antonio, I am expecting huge things from this staff! I believe with a few FA additions and a good draft that we'll be fighting for a playoff spot.

In light of my new hires, my Free Agent priorities are:

WR Allen Robinson

WR Sammy Watkins

WR Jarvis Landry

WR Paul Richardson

WR John "Smoke" Brown

WR Jordan Matthews

WR Donte Moncrief

WR Jeff Janis

TE Trey Burton

TE Crockett Gillmore

TE Rhett Ellison

DL Ezekiel Ansah

DL DeMarcus Lawrence

DL Sheldon Richardson

DL Trent Murphy

DL Jeremiah Attaochu

LB Korey Toomer

LB Anthony Hitchens

CB Trumaine Johnson

CB Malcolm Butler

CB Bashaud Breeland

FS LaMarcus Joyner

FS Tre Boston

FS Cody Davis

Edited by jrry32

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 2:56 PM, jrry32 said:

The Gunslingers have also reached out to the KC Chiefs about CB Marcus Peters, and we've contacted the Miami Dolphins about Ndamukong Suh.

We are in serious talks with the Chiefs about Marcus Peters. We are strongly considering outbidding the Rams, but will wait to see what the Rams' final offer is.

Based on the rumors of the deal, I expect I'll outbid the Rams and land Marcus Peters. We shall see. Here's my current depth chart (factoring in planned cuts and FAs):

Head Coach: John DeFilippo
Offensive Coordinator: Darrell Bevell
Defensive Coordinator: Kris Richard

QB: Jared Goff/Brad Kaaya/Kyle Sloter
HB: Alvin Kamara/C.J. Anderson/Benny Cunningham 
FB: 
XWR: Roger Lewis 
ZWR: Rishard Matthews/Mike Thomas
SLWR: Tyler Boyd
TE: George Kittle/Ryan Griffin
LT: J.C. Tretter/Le'Raven Clark/Antonio Garcia
LG: Josh Sitton/Tony Bergstrom 
C: Cody Whitehair/Tony Bergstrom
RG: Forrest Lamp/Tony Bergstrom 
RT: Le'Raven Clark/Antonio Garcia/Tony Bergstrom

LDE: Ronald Blair/Morgan Fox 
NT: Bennie Logan/Matt Ioaniddis/Stevie Tu'ikolovatu
UT: Johnathan Hankins/Matt Ioaniddis/Tyrunn Walker
LEO: Jordan Willis/Ejuan Price 
WLB: Jatavis Brown/Jeremy Cash
MLB: Scooby Wright III 
SLB: Blair Brown/Kyler Fackrell 
LCB: Marcus Peters/Howard Wilson/KeiVarae Russell
RCB: Richard Sherman/Brandon Carr/Daryl Worley
SLCB: Desmond King/Joshua Holsey
FS: Jalen Mills
SS: Jamal Adams/Kemal Ishmael 

K: Greg Zuerlein 
P: Kenny Allen 
LS: Justin Drescher 
KR: Benny Cunningham 
PR: Tyler Boyd 

PUP: UT Nick Fairley

2018 Draft Picks:

Round 1 Pick #9

Round 2 Pick #12

Round 3 Pick #6 (from the Bears)

Round 3 Pick #11

Round 5 Pick #12

Round 6 Pick #12

Round 7 Pick #3 (from the Colts)

Round 7 Pick #30 (from the Seahawks)

2019 Draft Picks:

Round 1

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

Top Needs:

WR

LB

LT

EDGE

HB

P

I am currently making cheap trade offers to the Dolphins for Suh and the Broncos for C.J. Anderson. If they cut those two players, I'll consider the trades as going through because they'd obviously take something instead of nothing.

Edited by jrry32

Here's the deal I am putting on the table for Suh and C.J. Anderson if they are released (if they are traded, I will decide whether I want to outbid):

Gunslingers trade:

Round 6 Pick #22

Dolphins trade:

Round 7 Pick #5

DT Ndamukong Suh

Gunslingers trade:

Round 7 Pick #5

Broncos trade:

Round 7 Pick #7

HB C.J. Anderson

Here are my FA Ground Rules this year:

1. I will make an offer to the players I am interested in (often with stipulations based on priority.

2. Once they sign (or after a significant amount of time passes for the guys who don't get picked up), I will determine if my offer is the best.

3. If my offer is not the best, I have the option of choosing to exceed the best offer by $0.5 million per year. The only exception is if the player re-signs with his old team. If that happens, I cannot choose to exceed. If my offer is the best, I get the player. For players who re-sign with their old team, my offer must exceed their old team's offer by $1 million per year. For other players, my offer only needs to be better (by any amount).

4. If the player signs a one-year deal ("prove it" contract), I have the option of changing my offer to exceed that contract by $0.5 million. This is because some players would rather sign a "prove it" deal than a long-term deal. The same rules apply with regard to the old team.

5. If I offer a shorter contract with more APY and the other team offers a longer contract with more total value, I will consider the other team's offer to be better and must apply Rule #3.

I will make my initial offers this weekend before FA starts.

What a pleasant surprise. The Panthers have traded CB Daryl Worley to the Gunslingers for WR Torrey Smith, a player we planned to cut. We happily accept.

I plan to officially release the rest of the players on Sunday.

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The Gunslingers have agreed to terms to acquire Sherman. The terms will be announced at a later time.

The terms of the trade:

Gunslingers trade: Round 7 Pick #11

Seahawks trade: CB Richard Sherman and Round 7 Pick #30