Chiefs closing on a new deal for Travis Kelce

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:
4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Eagles........... I love Ertz, but please just let him play out his contract and walk in 2022.

Yeah best thing is let him walk for you guys. 

Yep... I mean I'm sure if they extended him it would significantly lower his cap hit next year when we are in cap hell, but we have Goedert who is younger than Kittle and whose contract expires the same time as Ertz. No way can we keep both and Goedert is 4 years younger.

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Looks like it'll be a 4 year deal 

Good for Kelce. I think Kittle was kinda dumb for accepting a 5 year deal. It's great for you guys though.

If you are a star player you should never really go past 3 or 4 years... unless you are Patrick Mahommes and getting a bazillion dollars. Although, I still don't think he should've done more than 4 or 5 years either.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Good for Kelce. I think Kittle was kinda dumb for accepting a 5 year deal. It's great for you guys though.

If you are a star player you should never really go past 3 or 4 years... unless you are Patrick Mahommes and getting a bazillion dollars. Although, I still don't think he should've done more than 4 or 5 years either.

Yeah this will be Kittles only big contract.

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah this will be Kittles only big contract.

That's not what I said.

Edit: Nvm... I think I get what you are saying.... cause he will be 32 years old after his contract expires. With his athleticism it wouldn't surprise me if he's still good at that age and SF gives him good $ for another couple years. You could be right though.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Dudes going to be 31 in a few months. 

I don’t see his game changing much with age,  been saying the past 2 off seasons drafting a replacement early would be a waste.  He’s got at least 3-4 more years left.  

Team leader and Mahomes always seems to know exactly what he’s doing with his routes.  Love this move