Chiefs closing on a new deal for Travis Kelce

49erurtaza

53 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Highly unlikely Kelce’s guarantees in years 5-6 will be much.   Just allows KC to spread out the Base salaries longer. 

Kelce added more Guaranteed $$ to his career and stayed in KC. Those are the 2 things he wanted 

Signing bonuses can only be spread out through the first 5 years of the deal. So either season (5th and 6th) could see him being cut with minimal dead money barring roster bonuses or injury guarantees. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Nearly half of it is guaranteed money, that tells you a lot

Not really.  You can guarantee the full base salaries years 1-3,  with a low SB bonus it leaves the final years free of much guarantees.  Signing Bonus will tell you how this contact plays out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Not trying to sound bias here but I don't think I've ever seen a GM pull off so much, with so little to start with. I was big nervous when Dorsey was shown the door but I really feel we upgraded in the long run.

Veach is the best GM in the NFL, but he didn't start off with nothing. Dorsey built this team, Veach just fine tuned it.