Kelce getting four year extension

kingseanjohn

4 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Love this one.  Let’s keep TE out of the first 3-4 Rounds for the next 3 years. 

If he can somehow get Fisher to take a similar extension I will label Veach a god. 

I'm not going there. Most likely we drafted Lucas Niang to take over one of the OT slots. He gets a redshirt year and plays swing tackle next year. Either Fisher or Schwartz moves on. I know my preference.

It has been said already, but we seem to be positioning for a FA signing. There is a very good safety out there.

J

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I'm not going there. Most likely we drafted Lucas Niang to take over one of the OT slots. He gets a redshirt year and plays swing tackle next year. Either Fisher or Schwartz moves on. I know my preference.

It has been said already, but we seem to be positioning for a FA signing. There is a very good safety out there.

J

Could be plenty of things, I don’t anticipate anymore excitement though.  We’re ready to roll as is.   We know what the cap is year,  with the unknown of next year could just be pushing more towards there,

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 2:09 PM, samsel23 said:

Love this one.  Let’s keep TE out of the first 3-4 Rounds for the next 3 years. 

If he can somehow get Fisher to take a similar extension I will label Veach a god. 

I’d prefer Schwartz to be extended honestly or Honey Badger but yeah he’s done a phenomenal  job this off season with $170 in cap space lol

3 hours ago, chiefs82 said:

I’d prefer Schwartz to be extended honestly or Honey Badger but yeah he’s done a phenomenal  job this off season with $170 in cap space lol

Honey Badger should be next on the list.   Could easily see an extension for him next year,  once we figure out the Cap.

I think a Fisher/Schwartz deal depends on how they handle Hitchens.  Personally I would let him go next year,   but we don't have much behind him and the coaching staff speaks well of him.

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Honey Badger should be next on the list.   Could easily see an extension for him next year,  once we figure out the Cap.

I think a Fisher/Schwartz deal depends on how they handle Hitchens.  Personally I would let him go next year,   but we don't have much behind him and the coaching staff speaks well of him.

I honestly just don't think we save enough from cutting Hitch to justify doing it. I think that's clearly been the worst contract that Veach has handed out in his tenure here, so far. Cutting him next year only saves like $2M, and unless the cap decrease from Covid makes us crazy desperate, I would rather have Hitch on roster than $2M in cap space. He's overpaid, but not bad. So it's just not likely that you get more value out of that cap space than you do out of Hitchens, even if he's just depth because Gay and Niemann step up or something. The following offseason is the obvious one to cut him. $8.5M in savings would be worth it. And that's the offseason we'll really need the money, too. Next year Ward is the only guy I see us potentially getting outbid on. Lots of 1 year deal guys, otherwise. Two years out we have a bunch of big name free agents.

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I honestly just don't think we save enough from cutting Hitch to justify doing it. I think that's clearly been the worst contract that Veach has handed out in his tenure here, so far. Cutting him next year only saves like $2M, and unless the cap decrease from Covid makes us crazy desperate, I would rather have Hitch on roster than $2M in cap space. He's overpaid, but not bad. So it's just not likely that you get more value out of that cap space than you do out of Hitchens, even if he's just depth because Gay and Niemann step up or something. The following offseason is the obvious one to cut him. $8.5M in savings would be worth it. And that's the offseason we'll really need the money, too. Next year Ward is the only guy I see us potentially getting outbid on. Lots of 1 year deal guys, otherwise. Two years out we have a bunch of big name free agents.

Totally agree about Hitchens.    I don't see it happening, but they could choose to take the full dead hit next year and free up all 12-13 mil for 2022.   Agreed we have nothing behind him though.   

Luckily Ward is a RFA after this year,  so we should be able to get another year out of him before we have to pay up.   

6 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Totally agree about Hitchens.    I don't see it happening, but they could choose to take the full dead hit next year and free up all 12-13 mil for 2022.   Agreed we have nothing behind him though.   

Luckily Ward is a RFA after this year,  so we should be able to get another year out of him before we have to pay up.   

Oh, good catch. Thought he was UFA for some reason. That's actually kind of huge, honestly.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 9:24 PM, Jakuvious said:

Oh, good catch. Thought he was UFA for some reason. That's actually kind of huge, honestly.

And here comes Veach signing him to an extension at RFA money for 2021 with a big 2022 roster bonus ... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KC_Guy said:

And here comes Veach signing him to an extension at RFA money for 2021 with a big 2022 roster bonus ... 

Funny story,  Ward was at the dealership at the same time as me getting a car.    Sales person got him talking Chiefs,   He said his agent was working towards 12-13 Mil per.    Albeit this is all coming straight from his mouth, so it could all be false.

Ward is a really cool dude though,  very nice car now. 

15 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Funny story,  Ward was at the dealership at the same time as me getting a car.    Sales person got him talking Chiefs,   He said his agent was working towards 12-13 Mil per.    Albeit this is all coming straight from his mouth, so it could all be false.

Ward is a really cool dude though,  very nice car now. 

I haven’t looked at the cap in a minute, but I think we could afford that. If his play doesn’t fall off this year I think it’d be worth it as well. 

7 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Oh 100% that's what he'll do. And I love it. He's keeping our discounts while still giving guys raises. Properly utilizing the leverage of us already having these guys on a tender/tag/deal.