TV Hunting: 4K Edition

RavensfanRD

Picked up a 55" 4K UHD Vizio at Sam's Club for $398 last Saturday.  They had a "Black Friday Early One Day Sale".  Maybe there is a better deal than that on Black Friday, but I doubt it's much better a deal than that.  I've been very happy with my other Vizio TV so far that we use in our basement, also 55", but only a 1080.  This one is going in my twins room for their Christmas present.  Doesn't come with a TV tuner is a downside, but my kids rarely watch live TV anyway (all about the Roku), plus I have a few digital boxes lying around if I really need one.

• 5 months later...

For anyone looking for a TV right now today only (May 12th) best buy has the TCL p605 for $499 ($100 off). If you need a 4k HDR tv take advantage and get this thing now...I have one and this TV easily competes with Sony and Samsung models over the $1000 price range, you seriously cannot find another TV that competes with this one anywhere near this price range. 

Here is the link

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55-class-led-p6-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/5878705.p?skuId=5878705&ref=199&loc=je6NUbpObpQ&acampID=1&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-GvCb5Ymqya6edGKtb.Knbw

Actually decided to wait and never bought the P605/7 because I heard the 6 series was coming out. 

Waiting for my bonus money so I can grab the 65 TCL 6 series model that came out the beginning of this month. They better stop playin' with my coins before I have to choke a #$*%#!

I would check Slick Deals on a daily basis. You'll find something on there worth your while and then cross-reference New Egg reviews if they're available or Amazon. If technology can appease the nerds on New Egg, then you know you're making good choices.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 9:32 AM, JTagg7754 said:

I would check Slick Deals on a daily basis. You'll find something on there worth your while and then cross-reference New Egg reviews if they're available or Amazon. If technology can appease the nerds on New Egg, then you know you're making good choices.

Went ahead and bought the TCL 4K HDR 6 series '55. Want a godlike TV. It's so amazing! Couldn't be happier. Awesome TV

8 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I just got a 65” on clearance for $300 at work on my lunch break yesterday 

Being that I said that 8 months ago I feel like my old question applies again.

Holy crap are 4k smart tv's really that cheap these days?

Do the colors and all that stuff that people don't think about on TVs outside of size and resolution suck on it or are badass TVs like that really a lot cheaper than people would think?

16 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Being that I said that 8 months ago I feel like my old question applies again.

Holy crap are 4k smart tv's really that cheap these days?

Do the colors and all that stuff that people don't think about on TVs outside of size and resolution suck on it or are badass TVs like that really a lot cheaper than people would think?

In my experience, depends on who you ask. I have an OLED, and I can very easily and clearly tell the difference between my OLED, a high end 4K TV (think Samsung or Sony), a low end 4K TV (like Sharp or the TCLs some have mentioned in this thread), a non 4K TV, etc. On the other hand, some people swear they can't tell the difference between a $500 TV and a $3000 one. I think some of it may be what you're coming from. My parents recently got a 50" 1080p off brand TV and think it looks gorgeous, but they came from an old tube TV before. Ultimately, generally anyone is going to find something in their price range that will make them happy, as long as they're not used to something really high end and suddenly can't afford it. But, at the same time, there are always reasons for pricing differences.

On 5/12/2018 at 5:30 AM, rob_shadows said:

For anyone looking for a TV right now today only (May 12th) best buy has the TCL p605 for $499 ($100 off). If you need a 4k HDR tv take advantage and get this thing now...I have one and this TV easily competes with Sony and Samsung models over the $1000 price range, you seriously cannot find another TV that competes with this one anywhere near this price range. 

Here is the link

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55-class-led-p6-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/5878705.p?skuId=5878705&ref=199&loc=je6NUbpObpQ&acampID=1&siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-GvCb5Ymqya6edGKtb.Knbw

Still showing up as 499 for me.

18 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Still showing up as 499 for me.

I think you missed the bolded part of that message...

EDIT

nevermind I misunderstood your message, yeah they have it on sale again... Likely because the new model is out and they are trying to get rid of the old ones

Archived