Montez Sweat put on the 15 lbs that Haskins lost this off-season

turtle28

I never know about these weight changes ? Gain weight lose some speed/ quickness- a change off . 

How bout the golfer than added 30 or 40 pounds of muscle and is driving it outta sight this year. Bryson Dechambeau !

Maybe he'll be just fine. At 6-6 he should be able to add 15 pounds. 

Edited by RSkinGM

32 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I never know about these weight changes ? Gain weight lose some speed/ quickness- a change off . 

How bout the golfer than added 30 or 40 pounds of muscle and is driving it outta sight this year. Bryson Dechambeau !

Maybe he'll be just fine. At 6-6 he should be able to add 15 pounds. 

With him playing every down as a 4-3 DL now & especially on run downs instead of 30-40% of the time as a stand up OLB on run downs & the other 70% of the time as a down lineman when we are in nickel aka a 4-2-5, he needed to add some weight. 

As long as its good weight - and it looks like it is, he doesn’t look fat - then it shouldn’t effect his speed too much. From the look of Ryan Kerrigan lately he also put on 5-10 pounds to get to around that same weight, which is the weight Kerrigan played at in college.

So, it’s not much of an issue IMO & it’s needed to be a 4-3 end on run downs. Now, if he was putting on 30 pounds then that’d be different. Then, he’d be approaching 285/290 which would affect his quickness a lot I think, but 10-15 pounds shouldn’t as much.

Think extra power could really help him watching him last year he really didn't blow by any tackles,his speed came after he got off a block not as a way to beat the block.I think the extra muscle should not only help him in run game but also the pass game.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

He was at 260 at the combine back when.

6'5" 265 seems to be the new prototypical athletic edge rusher build these days. It's uncanny how many guys fall more or less right around those numbers.

Yeah, 260 at the combine, said he played last year at around 250 and now he’s 265, that’s a crazy 2 years as far as up and down with weight. It’s not as extreme as Trent Murphy, but Montez has become our new Trent Murphy. 😂 

7 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I also put on the 15 pounds Dwayne lost during COVID.

I feel like I am one of the few who lost weight.  Not only did it allow me to get out of my comfort zone and eat at home, but I'm also pretty far away from most restaurants and didn't even do takeout or any delivery.  Besides, only a handful of places did Grubhub and Domino's is the only pizza place to deliver.  I never understood why Ledo's never got into the delivery game either.

Anyway. Sweat bulking up means he's likely getting LDE duties. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I feel like I am one of the few who lost weight.  Not only did it allow me to get out of my comfort zone and eat at home, but I'm also pretty far away from most restaurants and didn't even do takeout or any delivery.  Besides, only a handful of places did Grubhub and Domino's is the only pizza place to deliver.  I never understood why Ledo's never got into the delivery game either.

Anyway. Sweat bulking up means he's likely getting LDE duties. 

My problem is I just didn’t get into working out everyday walks/jogs/lifting everyday when the stay in place orders started in March. Actually I did start doing it in April/May then I had to go to the hospital w/ a bleeding ulcer in June and I haven’t gotten back into it since. I have to get back into it, I desperately need to lose at least 20 lbs especially since my GF wants to go to the beach w/in the next few weeks.