Talk me Out of Crazy Ideas/Rankings....Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

10 hours ago, N4L said:

You don't draft a RB that high unless you plan on using him A LOT his rookie year, unless you are a completely incompetent GM, especiallywhen your first pick was a backup QB. 

Just feels like the packers will use him more than you think he will 

I would take Josh Jacobs and miles Sanders all day long before Jones. 

Just doesnt seem to be what Pederson usually does though right? Like Jacobs I get for sure

I get what you're saying about Dillon but geez what the heck did Jones do to make them think he should get less work? He had like 260 touches last year and that amount like the rest of his career. Should be running him into the ground before letting him walk in free agency

34 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Just doesnt seem to be what Pederson usually does though right? Like Jacobs I get for sure

I get what you're saying about Dillon but geez what the heck did Jones do to make them think he should get less work? He had like 260 touches last year and that amount like the rest of his career. Should be running him into the ground before letting him walk in free agency

Youre right about the way the eagles rotate runners, but the same reasoning for dillon goes for them with sanders. they drafted him highly because they thought he could be a bellcow. he started slow but got better as the year went on. He is by far their best runner. Scott is good but he will handle a lot of 3rd down plays, I dont think most people expect him to be the goalline back like dillion should be. 

its not just about touches, its where those touches happen on the field. 

I agree with you about the fact they should run him into the ground before free agency. Even last year he split a lot of time with williams though. 

no one is saying jones is a bad player, just that there is a fair amount of risk associated with drafting him in the first. thats all. Im just explaining the other side of the argument like you asked in the thread title lol

7 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

What are everyone's though on David Johnson?

I’m lukewarm as I like him at the bottom of the 3rd-4th round pile. Honestly everyone hates this  grouping of RBs.  I’m actively targeting them...

play in a 2QB league ( remember that your RB/WRs get pushed down about a round  or so due to the 2nd QB)

going to go QB/TE or QB/QB then grab some combo of two of:

Carson, Conner, Bell, Fournette, Gordon, Johnson, Taylor

then a bunch of WRs (think Ridley, Woods, McLaurin, Chark or Seahawks WRs) Then circle around with Hunt as my RB3...

in a 12 Team, I’d be looking at a starting lineup of hypothetically: 

QB:L Jackson (1)

Flex QB: M. Stafford (8)

RB: C Carson (3)

RB: L Bell (4)

WR:R Woods (5)

WR: DJ Chark (6)

TE: Kittle (2)

Flex: K Hunt (7)

I like that a lot...

Edited by 101Raider

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Youre right about the way the eagles rotate runners, but the same reasoning for dillon goes for them with sanders. they drafted him highly because they thought he could be a bellcow. he started slow but got better as the year went on. He is by far their best runner. Scott is good but he will handle a lot of 3rd down plays, I dont think most people expect him to be the goalline back like dillion should be. 

its not just about touches, its where those touches happen on the field. 

I agree with you about the fact they should run him into the ground before free agency. Even last year he split a lot of time with williams though. 

no one is saying jones is a bad player, just that there is a fair amount of risk associated with drafting him in the first. thats all. Im just explaining the other side of the argument like you asked in the thread title lol

Yea I definitely feel like I'm cooling on him and I'm glad I started the thread even if it started a little outlandish. Its just crazy how ridiculous of an idea it is to replace a runner like Jones who is still very good and hasn't been run into the ground like other RBs

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I’m lukewarm as I like him at the bottom of the 3rd-4th round pile. Honestly everyone hates this  grouping of RBs.  I’m actively targeting them...

play in a 2QB league ( remember that your RB/WRs get pushed down about a round  or so due to the 2nd QB)

going to go QB/TE or QB/QB then grab some combo of two of:

Carson, Conner, Bell, Fournette, Gordon, Johnson, Taylor

then a bunch of WRs (think Ridley, Woods, McLaurin, Chark or Seahawks WRs) Then circle around with Hunt as my RB3...

in a 12 Team, I’d be looking at a starting lineup of hypothetically: 

QB:L Jackson (1)

Flex QB: M. Stafford (8)

RB: C Carson (3)

RB: L Bell (4)

WR:R Woods (5)

WR: DJ Chark (6)

TE: Kittle (2)

Flex: K Hunt (7)

I like that a lot...

I had DJ the last two years,  he can have good weeks. His body just can't hold up, guy Is always hurt when it matters down the playoff stretch. 

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I had DJ the last two years,  he can have good weeks. His body just can't hold up, guy Is always hurt when it matters down the playoff stretch. 

yeah that's the thing I worry about. Reports are he's in great shape but what if his body is simply breaking down? at the moment, I'd probably pick Bell over DJ....

200.gif

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Another Thing that has been on my mind: Pick Ekeler in R1 then Kittle in R2? or Pick Kelce in R1 then pick DJ/Bell/Gordon in R2? Whatever happens, I do want two RBs after Round 3.

I'd prefer option 1. The difference between Ekeler and the other RBs is huge to me. Kelce is better, obviously but its close enough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Bell could be a good value in the 3th - 4th round. Connor and DJ are too iffy for me, 

He was so incredibly inefficient with his touches last year that if he's healthy you'd think he'd be better plus their OL should be better too. I still dont love him but 3.2 ypc is miserable. Conner and DJ cant stay healthy. Bell is much more likely to be healthy and put up similar numbers too

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Another Thing that has been on my mind: Pick Ekeler in R1 then Kittle in R2? or Pick Kelce in R1 then pick DJ/Bell/Gordon in R2? Whatever happens, I do want two RBs after Round 3.

I can guarantee that one of DJ/Bell/Gordon will be there in the 3rd. 

I don’t think Ekeler is worth a first, but to each there own...  

RB in the 1st, Kittle in the 2nd and one of those 3 RBs is certainly doable.

12 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I can guarantee that one of DJ/Bell/Gordon will be there in the 3rd. 

I don’t think Ekeler is worth a first, but to each there own...  

RB in the 1st, Kittle in the 2nd and one of those 3 RBs is certainly doable.

I dont get all the Ekeler love either but i dont play PPR. I can see the appeal there