Talk me Out of Crazy Ideas/Rankings....Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

3 hours ago, 101Raider said:

It wouldn’t be the worst move, but I’d rather round out my core players (RB, WR) unless Kittle or Kelce are there. . If you’ve gotta have a top tier QB, I’d wait till the 6th and take Dak, Russell, Murray or Watson.

That's the thing.  I would break my rule (of waiting to pick a QB until much later) only for Lamar or maybe Mahomes.  Once they're gone, I'm loading up on RBs and WRs.  Then, I'll grab someone like Brady, Ben, Stafford, Wentz, etc.  I don't see a big enough difference between those guys and the tier you mentioned.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, titanrick said:

I lucked into the 1st pick in a 12 team half-PPR.  First pick is obvious but I'm normally a big proponent of waiting on a QB.  But I'm tempted to take Lamar at the end of the 2nd if he's there.  It's got casual fans in it so QBs tend to go higher in those leagues and maybe he won't make it to me.  I won the title last year with Lamar and CMC so this would be getting the band back together.

Getting the band back together and a much higher cost though. I get that they are 2 of the highest scorers in fantasy and could go for 30-40 points any week but stay the course and pick the best RB/WR available or Kelce/Kittle if he's there

So on my way to work, thought about this CRAZY idea...

Assumptions:

Watson is one of the best QBs in the league and will still still put up ALOT of points and yards.

Tons of targets are vacated with Hopkins trade

Stills is slightly better than a JAG

Houston has below average TE play.

fairly safe to assume that Cooks and Fuller will be the beneficiaries and both are going fairly late in drafts

but which?

Solution???

Draft both and play both as your WR2 and flex

if Watson is putting up 300 and 1-2 tds per game, Cooks and Fuller are going to put up great stats between the two (and you don’t have to figure out which one each week).  

if one get hurt (likely) the other is going to vault up rankings giving you some safety.

LOAD up at other positions and profit!

thoughts????

4 hours ago, 101Raider said:

So on my way to work, thought about this CRAZY idea...

Assumptions:

Watson is one of the best QBs in the league and will still still put up ALOT of points and yards.

Tons of targets are vacated with Hopkins trade

Stills is slightly better than a JAG

Houston has below average TE play.

fairly safe to assume that Cooks and Fuller will be the beneficiaries and both are going fairly late in drafts

but which?

Solution???

Draft both and play both as your WR2 and flex

if Watson is putting up 300 and 1-2 tds per game, Cooks and Fuller are going to put up great stats between the two (and you don’t have to figure out which one each week).  

if one get hurt (likely) the other is going to vault up rankings giving you some safety.

LOAD up at other positions and profit!

thoughts????

Fuller I love but he is always injured. Believing in Watson but not his WR's is like how people love the Rams WR's but not Goff

6 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Assumptions:

Honestly, I disagree with your first assumption.  His weapons have become less talented (by a lot, in my opinion) and if his stats from last year drop (26 TDs, his career high), he's nothing special in fantasy.  He only had 26 TD's last year with Nuk having a great year.  I think Fuller is good, but you can't count on him for a full season.  Cooks is talented but if he were a really good WR, he wouldn't be on his fourth team in five years.  Cobb's best years are behind him.  When Watson's protection breaks down and he starts to scramble, Nuk was most times the one breaking open.  

Don't get me wrong - I think Watson is a top five talent at QB.  But the Texans are going backwards at surrounding him with weapons.  IF Fuller stays healthy and IF Johnson returns to form and IF Cooks can show up more consistently and IF Cobb has something left in the tank... Honestly, how many of those have to happen for Watson to finish in the top five QBs in fantasy?  How many are likely to happen?

The ADPs on Fuller and Cooks are reasonable.  No argument there.  If you want to pick them both and hope one emerges, I can sign on to that.  But starting both of them?  You're going to lose a lot of games early, I think.

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

If you had to pick one of the following as your RB2, which one and why? Let's say its a PPR league.  I THINK Its Bell or Carson for me.

Chris Carson

Lev Bell

David Johnson

James Conner

Leonard Fournette

Mark Ingram

Melvin Gordon

David Montgomery

Cam Akers

Todd Gurley

Not factoring ADP, the safer/higher floor plays are Carson/Montgomery/Bell...biggest upside is Conner.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Not factoring ADP, the safer/higher floor plays are Carson/Montgomery/Bell...biggest upside is Conner.

Out of all these names, I want to like DJ the most but you know what they say the best quality is availability.  Same with Conner too but these injuries he's had the past couple of  years have been a bit annoying. I think If I have to start off my draft RB/WR/RB then Bell or Carson would be the likely second RB

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

If you had to pick one of the following as your RB2, which one and why? Let's say its a PPR league.  I THINK Its Bell or Carson for me.

Chris Carson

Lev Bell

David Johnson

James Conner

Leonard Fournette

Mark Ingram

Melvin Gordon

David Montgomery

Cam Akers

Todd Gurley

I’m taking Conner, going to back that up with insurance and taking Snell late.

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Chris Carson

Lev Bell

David Johnson

James Conner

Leonard Fournette

Mark Ingram

Melvin Gordon

David Montgomery

Cam Akers

Todd Gurley

Bell and Carson are my Top-2 in that group. 

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Chris Carson

Lev Bell

David Johnson

James Conner

Leonard Fournette

Mark Ingram

Melvin Gordon

David Montgomery

Cam Akers

Todd Gurley

Carson
Bell
Gordon
Gurley
Johnson
Fournette
Akers
Conner
Ingram
Montgomery

Carson has the most success in his current situation.  And its a good situation. 

Bell has the most talent but has one of the worst situations. 

Gordon I also like, has fresher legs coming off half of a season and is likely to be rode into the ground by Denver.  

Gurley still has talent but the injuries are scary and I like his situation. 

I am one that is higher on DJ than most, mainly because of where he is falling to.  I like his situation in Houston more and think he will have a solid year. 

Akers makes me nervous with the number of backs in LAR and the fact Covid will prevent him from reps early on.  Also just not as high on him as a prospect as some were. I'd rather have Taylor or Swift that Akers. Also probably Dobbins but thats closer because he has a proven vet in front of him. 

Conner is an injury concern and bit me last year, hard to forget. 

Montgomery I just dont trust yet. 

Ingram is good but will likely lose a lot of reps to Dobbins.  

I really want to go RB/RB this year because I really like the 3rd and 4th round WRs.... Is it CRAZY to like Levon Bell in the late second round/early 3rd round pick

• Jets offense should be better in general second year in the system
  • Darnold should be a better QB- not great Wrs so could be a lot of dump down
  • Bell is back at his high school weight, showing dedication 
  • still only 28 with less miles 

idk I like Bell over a few guys ranked above him

• Eckler- little guy, will he hold up? I just think the offense is going struggle
  • A Jones- what if there is a touchdown regression. I think Rodgers will throw a bit more and there's a lot of mouths to feed in Jones/Dillion/Williams. I expect Dillion to steal carries as the year progresses. He's the real deal
  • Carson- his injuries scare me to draft high
  • Gurley- I'm out, he's banged up
  • Fournette- hes someone I'm considering. Does he have that wiggle and what if there is a regression in receptions due to Chris Thompson. without the receptions he wasn't good last year. Jaguars are projected to be the worst team in football, do you really want to be tied with their players. 
  • David Johnson and Connor- I don't think they hold up the entire season, so I'm out
  • Gordon- hasn't looked good in camp. Is that offense going be good? I have more faith in Darnold then Lock. Plus Phillip Lindsey is in Denver. 

Of course I hope Drake/Jacobs/Sanders drop to end of 2nd but I doubt it. Thoughts on Bell as a late 2nd?

I like Bell in the late 2nd as well.  I think he's primed for a bounce-back season and could end up with "difference-maker" numbers.  Ideally, you could get him in the early 3rd but he won't last til the late 4th.

I'm out on Fournette.  I've read too much rumor of them trying to trade him and considering cutting him.  I think the catches last year were an aberration.  The advanced metrics do him no favors either.  He needs to have heavy volume to produce.