drd23

Ravens Training Camp 2020

10 hours ago, Danand said:

I am mostly with RR here. We like to see the potential convert to more production "but he also has to be given the chance", well that is a conversation we have had before, and this is where I put some trust in the coaching staff (which might make me a sheep, but so be it).

I would like to see a new contract to Bowser in the mold of the one we gave Chuck Clark though. Judon has the more production but with all he does well, I can't get over how very little he wins 1on1 against tackles. Bowser on a 3 year cheaper deal would secure us a player ascending and have that outside linebacker with the ability to drop into coverage, and we would avoid throwing gold on the street by paying a little more now rather than waiting.

I'd be curious if we've tried to negotiate a new contract with him or not. I could very easily see Bowser turning down any offers now and betting on himself to pull a Zardarius Smith, but given he hasn't actually produced in the real world yet, the security of a mid-sized extension now could also be tempting.

Then again with Earl's dead money and the uncertainty over what the cap will look like next year, we may not even have the flexibility to make a move on him right now even if he wanted. 

6 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't see why we should McSorley on the 53 man roster. Are we worried another team will sign him in this weird season?

Personally my concern is somewhat the same as last season. Lamar takes a shot and is in the concussion protocol. RG3 goes in and gets hurt and now we’re SOL.

While I’m certainly not against neither him or Huntley making the regular roster, if they don’t, it would mean RG3 would have to “play if safe” when in the game.

Posted (edited)

I can’t help but feel while watching Training Camp Live, that Patrick Queen looks heavier than in college. Looks far beefier than the 228 lb listed college weight. He looks far closer to about 240 lbs now IMO. I also can’t help but feel that he looks a little slower, nothing to be concerned with like with CJ Mosley, but just something I’ve been ruminating on for a few days when watching Camp drills.

On another note, love what I see from DeShon Elliot. I find his quickness quite impressive out there. He’s also got a really good ball punch, reminds me of Marlon’s. I can see him creating some turnovers in that department.

EDIT: I also really liked what I saw from Madubuike and Wolfe going through drills. Really powerful hands, nice quickness, and great balance with both of them.

Edited by diamondbull424

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Personally my concern is somewhat the same as last season. Lamar takes a shot and is in the concussion protocol. RG3 goes in and gets hurt and now we’re SOL.

While I’m certainly not against neither him or Huntley making the regular roster, if they don’t, it would mean RG3 would have to “play if safe” when in the game.

How much less SOL are we with Trace McSorely secured on the roster over a QB (possibly Huntley) that we keep on the practice squad and give some minimal playbook?

I think the roster spot would be better used, for example, securing an extra CB (either from our camp or for cuts). More likely we will need that player. We were pulling from the practice squad at corner in week 3 last year.  

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

On another note, love what I see from DeShon Elliot. I find his quickness quite impressive out there. He’s also got a really good ball punch, reminds me of Marlon’s. I can see him creating some turnovers in that department.

Elliot can play. He was good last year. Only question is if he can stay healthy. I'm not worried about a downgrade in play plugging him in for ET as long as he can actually suit up.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

@diamondbull424^^^^^^ Getting more from Moore.

This is also interesting, Harrison's athletic and physical profile would translate well to possible success at EDGE- in theory. OSU did play him there here and there, but I view that more as a function of general versatility. It's not unusual for bigger ILBs to take on such a role at times. Patriots have done it a lot. 

Pick from Lamar was off a ball Chuk clipped.

Edited by DreamKid

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I can’t help but feel while watching Training Camp Live, that Patrick Queen looks heavier than in college. Looks far beefier than the 228 lb listed college weight. He looks far closer to about 240 lbs now IMO. I also can’t help but feel that he looks a little slower, nothing to be concerned with like with CJ Mosley, but just something I’ve been ruminating on for a few days when watching Camp drills.

FWIW we really haven't heard a lot about him thus far. Which is unusual, as he was our 1st Round Pick, projected to immediately start, and it's not like we're ever short on ILB hype around these parts. Who could forget the firestorm emergence of the Chris Board hype last Camp? 

You'd think everyone would be falling all over themselves to put out some glowing fluff on him.. Hasn't really been the case though. Harbaugh said he's "Been better than anticipated", so that's good. Other than that, there's just not a lot of noise though.

26 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

@diamondbull424^^^^^^ Getting more from Moore.

That’s what I’m talking about. Long shot to make the roster but he could for sure make for an intriguing stash option.

Not that he stood out but every time I watch Live they’re always talking about Proche’s practice habits and being the first player onto the field every day.

He may not be standing out currently, but I have to believe that such habits will eventually see him thrive.

We have to remember Queen is a prospect. He was a superior athlete in college, but the NFL game is so much faster and play recognition is still more important if rookies want to see the field early. 

It took Devin White and Devin Bush 8-10 games to catch on last season. We should not be surprised its the same thing with Queen.

So far not much have changed about my predictions for the final roster. Huntley gets the nod over McSorry and I'd like to think we go with a UDFA in Nurse to keep the streak going (I know Huntley is UDFA as well)

QB: LJ8, RGIII, Tyler Huntley

RB: Ingram, Gus, Dobbins, Hill

TE: Andrews, Boyle, Ricard

WR: Brown, Snead, Boykin, Duvernay, Proche, Moore

OL: Stanley, Brown, Boze, Skura, Fluker, Mekari, Powers, Phillips, Bredeson

DL: Williams, Campbell, Wolfe, Madubuike, Ward, Ellis

OLB: Judon, Bowser, McPhee, Ferguson

LB: Queen, Fort, Harrison, Board

CB: Humphrey, Peters, Young, Smith, Averett, Nurse

SS: Clark, Levine, Richards

FS: Elliot, Stone

Wolfpack

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danand said:

So far not much have changed about my predictions for the final roster. Huntley gets the nod over McSorry and I'd like to think we go with a UDFA in Nurse to keep the streak going (I know Huntley is UDFA as well)

QB: LJ8, RGIII, Tyler Huntley

RB: Ingram, Gus, Dobbins, Hill

TE: Andrews, Boyle, Ricard

WR: Brown, Snead, Boykin, Duvernay, Proche, Moore

OL: Stanley, Brown, Boze, Skura, Fluker, Mekari, Powers, Phillips, Bredeson

DL: Williams, Campbell, Wolfe, Madubuike, Ward, Ellis

OLB: Judon, Bowser, McPhee, Ferguson

LB: Queen, Fort, Harrison, Board

CB: Humphrey, Peters, Young, Smith, Averett, Nurse

SS: Clark, Levine, Richards

FS: Elliot, Stone

Wolfpack

Give me Nigel Warrior over Nurse just for his name alone

• Like 1

In some ways I'm happy to see Lamar throw a few picks in practice (accompanied by successes). It's sort of like downhill skiing, if you're not clipping the flags every so often, then you're not taking the angles sharply/aggressively enough.

That said, I think the breathless reporting of practice stats gets a bit odd and pointless at times.