Ravens Training Camp 2020

drd23

57 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

And that might not even be a top 5 stanza in the song. I mean, being 31 now this song hits incredibly hard IMO. 😆

Whatever speaks to you, speaks to you. Never know what's going to hit.

Personally, I've been on a drill kick lately. Lot of up and coming talent, but in that world they're either locked up or killed pretty quick- so you can't get to attached to the music. Just appreciate while it's here kind of a thing.

personally i'd say its great to see CC stand up to a vet like ET... its called leadership and certainly what i'd want to see from a guy expected to be a captain and calling the plays.

let the vet know he better get aligned to the plays called and not freelance just because he is Earl fn Thomas.

at least thats my uneducated guess on whats happened.

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

It is a bit concerning but I imagine this will blow over.

and as cool if a guy as he seems to be, Tony Jefferson hasn’t really worked out for the Ravens so I doubt that happens. As well, Deshon Elliott hasn’t proven to be able to make it through a season - and availability is the best ability. 

Looking at guaranteed money Earl would have to go nuclear to be dumped from the roster. I’d be surprised if he is moved. 

Sending him home is a good move. Let him clear his head, if he has any smarts whatsoever, he'll think over what happened and come back with a fresh mind. 

A heart to heart and a talk after each side has cooled can do wonders. I want Earl to be on the team because we're better with him. 

We can't all pretend he really has been a fit attitude wise since the beginning. Even in his first interviews, he never really seemed all that happy to be a Raven. Basically said he ended up here because the money got funny with Dallas. It could just be his demeanor, and he's not an enthusiastic guy. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 1

Yeah, doesn’t seem like a situation to come back from. ET feels betrayed by the team for now having his back and keeping this issue “in house”. The leaders feel betrayed by ETs efforts for things even having to get to this point with such an esteemed veteran.

I deleted a post yesterday where I said, I understood that ET could gamble and blow a coverage. Like Ed Reed that’s part of what makes these guys as good as they are/were. Reed was more “likeable” personality wise I’m sure, but if Reed blows that same coverage with Clark as his running mate, does it lead to a fight.

That line of thinking led me to the ultimate conclusion that there was legitimate truth to the missing of meetings and being late and what not. You don’t just fight a guy for a mistake when part of their value is in going off script. You fight a guy because “it’s an obvious offensive look that you would have known if you had been at the meeting... this type of behavior is going to cost us games.”

So while I’m sure there’s three sides to every story and while ET is incredibly valuable to this team and not as easily replaceable as some might believe; going 16 games in a bubble atmosphere with everyone sacrificing elements of their lives to ride or die with a teammate that’s seemingly not about that life and who also now feels betrayed... is not the recipe for maintaining momentum IMO.

It’s late in the process, but still early enough where we could bring in TJ as a backup/dimebacker type safety and maybe bring in a Jadeveon Clowney with the additional money to upgrade our front 7. Or acclimate any trades pieces for ET. But hey I’m sure the mutiny probably made things seem a lot worse than they were as well... and we ultimately went on to win the SB, so what do I know.

What a garbage situation. Earl clearly can't handle any criticism or noise surrounding his name, regardless of it's actually real or media created. So it's seems like as reports continue to come out about, he's likely to get worse. 

And if we actually have players leaking to a guy JLC, that truly disgusts me. 

We can't afford to lose Thomas. So hopefully someone can step up and fix this situation. Losing a HOF player off of your team that's primed for the Super Bowl, is a terrible look.