College Football should be moved to the Spring permanently

patriotsheatyan

With talk of moving college football to the Spring now, this should be done and made permanent. 

College football should start in the middle of February and end in June. The draft can be done at the end of June. Directly following stories and players from college to the pros.

Football becomes year round. No more talk of XFL or farm leagues. We get games for both leagues on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday Night. College can have ranked teams play Monday and Sunday Night every week. 

Edited by patriotsheatyan
  • Like 1

Spring weather sucks north of the Mason Dixie up until April/May. No top prospects would go north and I wouldn’t blame them. Besides, it’s a fall festivity, period. I hate the spring idea and still think they should just shoot for a normal Fall 2021 because of how screwed up everything is. 

Your timeline would also water down the college game big time. Best players would all opt out to avoid injury/train for draft. There’s also no combine period built in there. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

With talk of moving college football to the Spring now, this should be done and made permanent. 

College football should start in the middle of February and end in June. The draft can be done at the end of June. Directly following stories and players from college to the pros.

Football becomes year round. No more talk of XFL or farm leagues. We get games for both leagues on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday Night. College can have ranked teams play Monday and Sunday Night every week. 

And you just killed every rookie. You want them to play Feb to Jun and then play NFL Sept-Feb potentially? 

This idea is beyond bad

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Spring weather sucks north of the Mason Dixie up until April/May. No top prospects would go north and I wouldn’t blame them. Besides, it’s a fall festivity, period. I hate the spring idea and still think they should just shoot for a normal Fall 2021 because of how screwed up everything is. 

Your timeline would also water down the college game big time. Best players would all opt out to avoid injury/train for draft. There’s also no combine period built in there. 

Lock this thread!

16 hours ago, NateDawg said:

They would make a life altering decision to avoid playing in colder weather for three hours a few times a year?

I doubt that.

3 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

They would make a life altering decision to avoid playing in colder weather for three hours a few times a year?

I doubt that.

Bad weather affects how they look and depresses draft stock. You want to look your best. You are right it is a life altering decision. And the smart decision would be to go to a place with generally good weather.

7 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Bad weather affects how they look and depresses draft stock. You want to look your best. You are right it is a life altering decision. And the smart decision would be to go to a place with generally good weather.

Why don’t all the players go to the South West then? 

No storms or cold.