Packers extend DT Kenny Clark (4 years, $70 M)

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Worth it and they're paying him during what should be his most productive seasons. Now lock Bak up to another extension already

I hope this means sign him, David would have been my top priority only because of position. But so glad that Kenny is signed. He seems like a tireless worker that keeps his nose to the grindstone. Good for him, he's a true Packers type. 

3 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

$7.69m this year + 4 year extension at $70m = $77.69m for next five years.

AAV = $77.69 divide by 5 = $15.538 

Seems a bit disingenuous to portray it that way.  The only real major difference between the Jarrett deal and the Clark deal is that the Packers were able to spread part of the signing bonus over the final year of the rookie deal.  Where as the Falcons couldn't get a deal done prior to the contract expiring.

This deal, much like Davonte adams a few years back, will make fans a little nervous when looking at the Avg per year, but I guarantee in two years this will look like a steal.  I thought we were going to have to give him more, to be honest.

Now take care of Bak, and let’s see what we can do with King.

Shortly after the defense gathered on the practice field, coordinator Mike Pettine called the unit together and said there was good news to share. After announcing the extension, Clark's teammates mobbed him.

"Coach Pettine brought us all up and they came out and said I had just got paid or whatever, and everybody was just happy, man," Clark said. "It's a family here. Love it here, love the guys here, love playing with everybody here. I'm excited about being on this team."

"I couldn't be happier for Kenny," coach Matt LaFleur said. "Kenny is the epitome of what we're all about here. He works hard on a daily basis. He is becoming more of a vocal leader for us and just really happy for him. We've got a lot of guys who are key members to our team whose contracts are coming up, so it definitely lets us kind of move on to the next guy."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29667002/source-packers-sign-kenny-clark-four-year-70-million-extension

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Seems a bit disingenuous to portray it that way.  The only real major difference between the Jarrett deal and the Clark deal is that the Packers were able to spread part of the signing bonus over the final year of the rookie deal.  Where as the Falcons couldn't get a deal done prior to the contract expiring.

How is it disingenuous? It’s an extension of his current contract. Makes sense to me.

its not rocket science. 

• Like 2

The way people have been talking him up I was thinking ESB should have received this deal.....but I'll settle for Kenny Clark.

Love the description of the team celebrating his contract together.   I'm a big fan of Mike McCarthy but it seems LaFleur and Gutekunst have really brought an elevated team culture to this group -- or re-energized the culture at least with infectious (no pun intended during current times) guys like the Smith Bros.