Packers extend DT Kenny Clark (4 years, $70 M)

RaidersAreOne

On 8/25/2020 at 9:12 AM, deltarich87 said:

They aren't gonna trade Rodgers. They'll cut him and let him have the opportunity to sign where he wants as a show of respect for what he's meant to the org. They traded FAvre because he was a petty *** hole

I would quit being a fan if they made that poor of a business decision, honestly.

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I would quit being a fan if they made that poor of a business decision, honestly.

you would hope that Rodgers and GB would be able to work some level of agreement if the team were to trade him to do what they could to work a deal to a team he would play for.  Like a 5-8 type of team list.  Would not be great if he wanted to retire if not traded to a particular group of teams.   Would he "risk" the hit on his reputation if he did so?  Rodgers does have the knack for being petty.

From the team end, they paid him very well in the 2 major contract extensions he got, so I am not sure what more they would "owe" him by not taking the best offer from any team that would be wanting to trade for him.  

On 8/28/2020 at 3:35 AM, squire12 said:

you would hope that Rodgers and GB would be able to work some level of agreement if the team were to trade him to do what they could to work a deal to a team he would play for.  Like a 5-8 type of team list.  Would not be great if he wanted to retire if not traded to a particular group of teams.   Would he "risk" the hit on his reputation if he did so?  Rodgers does have the knack for being petty.

From the team end, they paid him very well in the 2 major contract extensions he got, so I am not sure what more they would "owe" him by not taking the best offer from any team that would be wanting to trade for him.  

Could they do a deal whereby he pays back the 'dead money' so Packers have a clean slate contract wise and have him off the books without a cap hit - possibly in 2022. If so this would probably work for everyone. Rodgers gets to go wherever he wants and his new team probably gives a better contract than if they have to trade for him. If we do this then I would be OK waiving any trade compensation. Nicely clean exit as well.

Realistically there would be a good chance, 2022 would be a rebuild anyway if we did this so would probably pick high in the draft anyway afterwards.

If we have to take a cap hit then its fair, we get as much as we can trade wise.

The only way GB would release Rodgers rather than seeking compensation in trade would be if GB had a genuine QB controversy that was causing issues in the locker room.  Not a totally unrealistic scenario within the next few years.  I'm not even saying Rodgers has to do anything specific to cause problems, but having a young QB on the roster who is being held back by an aging vet never is only sustainable for so long.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Keep ranting. I didn't said anything against what you said. I just saw that you gave wrong info and corrected it.

I’m not really ranting I just don’t understand how contracts work because this thread says 4 years 70 million for Clark and I thought Heyward got 4 years, more than 70 million, and I was confused, so I doubled down on Clark’s deal being better for the Packers than Heyward’s deal was for the Steelers.