Report: Minority owners pressuring Dan Snyder to sell Washington Football Team

Woz

@Thaiphoon, @naptownskinsfan: how is this not a starred and featured story???

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-football/report-minority-owners-pressuring-dan-snyder-sell-washington-football-team

Dan Snyder is facing mounting pressure from three of his minority investors to sell the Washington Football Team according to a new report from The Wall Street Journal.

“The stakes have attracted interest from a variety of potential buyers, but Mr. Snyder has been reluctant to give any of them the option to eventually buy control despite the attempt to oust him,” the Journal wrote in its story Thursday afternoon.  “That has prompted some would-be buyers to walk away.”

Unfortunately, the full WSJ article is behind a partial paywall, but ohpleaseohpleaseohplease!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woz said:

@Thaiphoon, @naptownskinsfan: how is this not a starred and featured story???

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-football/report-minority-owners-pressuring-dan-snyder-sell-washington-football-team

Unfortunately, the full WSJ article is behind a partial paywall, but ohpleaseohpleaseohplease!!!!

From something I saw. One of the minority owners daughters was in some ring that paid one of the accusers to lie about accusations. And approached many others to do the same. ESPN put it out. No way these minority owners are getting anywhere if it pans out that way.

4 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

From something I saw. One of the minority owners daughters was in some ring that paid one of the accusers to lie about accusations. And approached many others to do the same. ESPN put it out. No way these minority owners are getting anywhere if it pans out that way.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

@Woz I've had a busy week and I'm refusing to get my hopes up.  

Also, after all of the threads we had to close and moderate with the name change, I didn't really think about this being thread-worthy because all of the usual behind-the-scenes stuff that isn't football related.  

For real, this franchise just can't get out of it's own way. 

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, after all of the threads we had to close and moderate with the name change, I didn't really think about this being thread-worthy because all of the usual behind-the-scenes stuff that isn't football related.  

Oh, there's been controversy with the team? Huh ... didn't notice that ...

(I WARNED you, fair and square)

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

For real, this franchise just can't get out of it's own way. 

Washington Football Team
"Shooting Itself in the Foot Since 1997"

• Like 1

I was thinking of posting this the other day, but I think we’re all worn out over this stuff over the last month or whatever that I didn’t bother. I don’t see Snyder selling the team. When the name change was just a rumor when Fred Smith was threatening to leave as majority minority owner a month ago I was hoping John Kent Cooke, Joe Gibbs & Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Would get together enough to buy Snyder’s 60% and then Cooke would be the owner again, but I don’t think it will happen.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

but I think we’re all worn out over this stuff over the last month or whatever that I didn’t bother.

Oh COME ON NOW!

Honestly, has this franchise had a non-controversy offseason since Snyder bought the team? The name change should have been just another bare knuckle drag out fight that we go through every year.

I'm disappointed in you, @Thaiphoon. I leave for not even one season and they're already soft! 😅😂🤣

Edited by Woz
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Woz said:

Oh COME ON NOW!

Honestly, has this franchise had a non-controversy offseason since Snyder bought the team? The name change should have been just another bare knuckle drag out fight that we go through every year.

I'm disappointed in you, @Thaiphoon. I leave for not even one season and they're already soft! 😅😂🤣

tenor.gif?itemid=4569855

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Woz said:

Oh COME ON NOW!

Yeah, I gave up arguing about that name change like I used to. The arguments did get me banned for almost two months 5 years ago, between the name change and the RG3 vs. Cousins battle.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Oh COME ON NOW!

Don't blame me. I've been drinking heavily.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It certainly was nice to be incognito for it, wasn't it?

"Huh, they're changing the name ... that's interesting" was my thought process. Before that would be "oh s... the forums are probably melting down."

It was a nice change of pace.

• Like 1