Report: Minority owners pressuring Dan Snyder to sell Washington Football Team

Just now, offbyone said:

I know we all prefer that Snyder doesn't own the team, but do we really want Bezos to own the team?  

I see the concern, but ask yourself this. How much worse could it be? How much worse off will we as fans be?

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I see the concern, but ask yourself this. How much worse could it be? How much worse off will we as fans be?

One thing for sure. I'd think Bezo would not be concerned with profits !

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He could decide he prefers to live somewhere else and since he has endless money, just move the team.

He could take the amazon route and take 15 years before showing us a winning season.  By which time many of us will be old and gray or gone.

He could decide to run it like a corporate business and cut corners everywhere to save money and maximize profits.

etc.

Snyder is a pile of suck, but if you look around the league don't tell me all the other billionaire owners are all running their teams perfectly.  Just saying just because Bezos wipes his butt with gold bars doesn't mean the outcome will be good.

Just now, offbyone said:

He could decide he prefers to live somewhere else and since he has endless money, just move the team.

He could. He also just stepped down as CEO of Amazon because, among other things, he wants to work on the Washington Post. 

Just now, offbyone said:

He could take the amazon route and take 15 years before showing us a winning season.  By which time many of us will be old and gray or gone.

It's been 30 already. What's another 15 ;) 

Just now, offbyone said:

He could decide to run it like a corporate business and cut corners everywhere to save money and maximize profits.

Definitely a concern. But it'll already be one of the more valuable things he owns. So hopefully not. 

Just now, offbyone said:

etc.

Snyder is a pile of suck, but if you look around the league don't tell me all the other billionaire owners are all running their teams perfectly.  Just saying just because Bezos wipes his butt with gold bars doesn't mean the outcome will be good.

You're right. I think we all just clamor for something sans Snyder.

• Like 2

I enjoyed your response :)  One comment, maybe others can weight in on.

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He could. He also just stepped down as CEO of Amazon because, among other things, he wants to work on the Washington Post. 

It has been about 8 years since he bought the Washington Post.  I have limited insight, but the two things I know is that 1)he has made the WP profitable and 2)I also know that I don't read it anymore.

56 minutes ago, offbyone said:

etc.

The league isn’t going to approve this team leaving the DC area. Basically everything you described the second two paragraphs is how Snyder has run the team so it can’t be much worse & the hope would be that Bezos wouldn’t meddle as much as Snyder does which may or may not end up being true but, that’s a hope.

All rumors. If he wanted a team. He would buy a team. Dude from Africa right now, only worth 17 billion. A fraction of Bezos. Looking at Arsenal in the Premier League like, "Yeah, Ill pay 2-3 billion. Whatever it takes. Just numbers."

39 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

All rumors. If he wanted a team. He would buy a team. Dude from Africa right now, only worth 17 billion. A fraction of Bezos. Looking at Arsenal in the Premier League like, "Yeah, Ill pay 2-3 billion. Whatever it takes. Just numbers."

Whoa, really? I wasn't aware of this for the Gunners.

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Whoa, really? I wasn't aware of this for the Gunners.

My news feed got flooded with 100 articles from around the world on it.

Last year Aliko Dangote said he had projects to finish first. And his oil refinery is about complete so negotiations could begin this summer. Stan will probably make the deal since Super League has been fended off by UEFA again for the time being. Guess it depends on those talks really. As Super League might be too good of an income source for Stan to pass up.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, offbyone said:

@MikeT14 basically already hit this point, but this one stood out to me. 

If it takes him 15 years to establish us as an overwhelmingly dominant force in the NFL, I’m perfectly fine with that. As things stand now, I don’t really expect to win anything meaningful in the next 15 years anyway, so I’d be thrilled with that outcome. 

• Like 2

please sweet baby Jesus please allow the nice Amazon Man buy this lovely team so it’s fans can heal from the little tyrant power hungry owner so they can enjoy sweet victory again. Thank you sweet 6 pound tiny precious baby Jesus. Amen 😇😇😇
Ricky Bobby Mr GIF 

• Like 1