Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Like Pettine for example? I'm not a big fan of Pettine's style of defense, but changing DC now? I can't see the benefit. 

If things don't improve and fast with Pettine and his scheme ... the results of doing nothing will be a heck of a lot worse than making the change. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JQ1 said:

I tend to think Lafleur/Gute would bring in an up-and coming younger defensive mind, as opposed to recycling somebody that’s floated around the league for years. That written, I don't have any names to toss out because I don't have a clue who that might be. Maybe somebody from college like Jim Leonhard?

I think I might lose my ish if Jim Leonhard is mentioned as a possible DC possibility again...

• Like 2

150 million dollars spent on Smith, Smith and Clark.

12th overall spent on Rashan Gary.

16th overall on Jaire Alexander to cover.

21st overall on Darnell Savage to cover.

50 million spent on Amos to cover.

Dropping Preston Smith and Kenny Clark multiple time, rushing 3 multiple times, 9 players in coverage on 2nd and 8 and still allowing a first down completion, 2 pressures on 28 drop backs...

Pettine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

150 million dollars spent on Smith, Smith and Clark.

12th overall spent on Rashan Gary.

16th overall on Jaire Alexander to cover.

21st overall on Darnell Savage to cover.

50 million spent on Amos to cover.

Dropping Preston Smith and Kenny Clark multiple time, rushing 3 multiple times, 9 players in coverage on 2nd and 8 and still allowing a first down completion, 2 pressures on 28 drop backs...

Pettine.

What are you trying to say:) Pet for Prez?

Unless he's running a conservative approach based on what MLF wants he needs to go back to what he did here year 1. Put pressure on the QB. Make him alone beat us, and at worst have him getting up off the ground multiple times. QB's other that Favre don't really like getting hit.

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

What are you trying to say:) Pet for Prez?

Unless he's running a conservative approach based on what MLF wants he needs to go back to what he did here year 1. Put pressure on the QB. Make him alone beat us, and at worst have him getting up off the ground multiple times. QB's other that Favre don't really like getting hit.

Questions I would love to hear beat reporters ask: MLF, what's up with the defense and why did the pass rush take a major step back this year?

• Like 2

Just now, incognito_man said:

30th in DVOA

He seriously needs to go

AND I TRIED TO TELL ALL OF YOU!

@packfanfb and I were the only two, maybe you Incog I don’t remember, who just wanted him gone period after that atrocious Championship game.

I ****ing said this would happen.  You don’t get your *** handed to you to the tune of 200 plus rushing yards and 35 plus points when the QB only attempts 8 passes if you have a good coordinator.

Are there any defense minded head coaches losing their jobs this year?  Dan Quinn is already gone.  Usually they get head coach gigs due to being one of the best coordinators.  Sometimes, they should just be a coordinator like Wade Philips.