Outpost31

Pettine Sucks Fire Pettine

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Maybe you don’t have Greene covering and elite WR.

And give up the coverage? If you move any CB other than Sullivan over to that spot, you're giving away that you're playing.

Do you feel better about Greene against Godwin in the other slot?

First and Foremost Aaron Rodgers sucks..

Then that Oline Sucks..

then ofcourse Mike Pettine sucks. He still stopped Bucs decent number of times, but O kept on ****ting the bed.

7 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Then that Oline Sucks..

then ofcourse Mike Pettine sucks. He still stopped Bucs decent number of times, but O kept on ****ting the bed.

Pettine has been the most consistent issue of those three this season though, yes?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

Pettine has been the most consistent issue of those three this season though, yes?

His D is heavy reliant on strong ILB play. Unfortunately we are playing 2 UDFA’s there in Barnes and Summers. 

Apart from that his strength was those exotic blitzes and stunts, which he forget anyway. Thoroughly disappointed with him.

4 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

His D is heavy reliant on strong ILB play. Unfortunately we are playing 2 UDFA’s there in Barnes and Summers. 

Apart from that his strength was those exotic blitzes and stunts, which he forget anyway. Thoroughly disappointed with him.

Then either we needed to address ILB or he needs to adjust. Eventually not having what you need to do what you prefer to do stops being a great excuse. 

Again, he's still been the most consistent of those issues you named imo. Doesn't mean they don't ask exist, he just seems to be one every damn week. 

Edited by Norm

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

@packfanfb, @Packerraymond, @Norm, @incognito_man, @persiandud, and everyone I've forgotten...

We've got another one. 

To be fair, I had a few cocktails at that time

But when some Rube like me can spot where the QB is going pre snap you defense is screwed.

especially  where the DB is playing several yards off the Offensive player on like a 3rd and 2.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Then either we needed to address ILB or he needs to adjust. Eventually not having what you need to do what you prefer to do stops being a great excuse. 

Again, he's still been the most consistent of those issues you named imo. Doesn't mean they don't ask exist, he just seems to be one every damn week. 

Packers have had so many opportunities to draft a blue chip ILB in the first couple of rounds since 2011. It's criminal how bad the front office has been on ILB and along the DL. 

My personal thoughts...

Another good Dlinemen is a high priority. One that is good versus the run and can pass rush. I think that would help a ton without giving up what we are doing.

We need to take a LB high. Ive said this for years. We need a true three down LB. Tired of the rhetoric they aren't worth a first round draft pick. But to be fair... AlexGreen pointed out our LBs are being thrown into fire trying to play B gap to B gap. That is insanity. As a former college LB I cant in good faith expect a LB to cover two gaps by himself. Its infuriating.

Lowry got paid and just gave up. I cant remember a play hes made since that fumble recovery versus Seattle.

I don't know what it is, but does it seem like our DBs REGRESS the longer they're here?

Micah Hyde, Casey Heyward went to other teams and became top tier players at their positions. Demarious Randall and Haha Clinton started off hot as rookies and 2nd year players and feel off.

Jaire seems like the exception. Hes been playing like an All pro this year.

King is always hurt and when he does play he is hot and cold.

Josh Jackson is not a man corner... Hes as good as gone.

Amos has been average and Savage seems like a liability this year.

Why we have Preston Smith in coverage is beyond me.

Why were we dropping DTs in coverage yesterday ?

Kenny Clark is a beast but it was his first game back so he gets a pass. 

I just feel the resources spent on defense arent even close to getting a fair a return.

This Pettine needs an ILB bull**** needs to stop.

I don't know why it's propping up again.  We had zero issues with ILB yesterday.  They didn't take us apart by attacking our inside linebackers.  In fact, the only completion I can remember to an ILB in coverage was when we put Oren Burks on Rob Gronkowski. 

Krys Barnes has been playing very well in that spot.  Certainly better than Martinez, especially in pass coverage. 

BETTER SCORING DEFENSES THAN THE PACKERS

#1 Baltimore has been a top five scoring defense virtually every single season.
*Onwuasor was their ILB last year.
*Queen is their ILB this year and he's having a bad rookie season. 

#2 Pittsburgh just lost their ILB for the season.  Do people think they're going to fall apart?  They're actually going to be a perfect example of ILB/No ILB.  So pay attention.

#3 Miami.  That's right, Miami. 
Miami is allowing 18.8 points per game.  9 points less than the Packers.
*Jerome Baker, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Calvin Munson, Elandon Roberts are their ILBs.  Don't act like you know who three of them are. 
*Raekwon Davis, Christian Wilkins, Shaq Lawson, Kyle Van Noy, Xavien Howard, Byron Jones are the only defensive player names you know, and not all for good reason.
*THEY ARE ALLOWING NINE FULL POINTS LESS THAN WE ARE.  THEY AIN'T GOT **** AT ILB.

#4 LA Rams
Remember how everyone wanted Littleton and @Norm and I were the only two telling everyone that Littleton was JAG? 
*Rams ain't got **** at ILB. 
*Micah Kiser, Troy Reeder, Kenny Young are their ILBs.

#5 Indianapolis Colts
They've got an ILB.  Damn good one.

#6 Chicago
*Still not convinced Roquan Smith is good, but he sure is fast.

#7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
*They've got a great one and a fast one. 

#8 Arizona Cardinals
*Patrick Peterson has said Simmons isn't ready.  And he's not.  They're moving him to safety.

#9 Niners
*Their best ILB has been injured.  Half their defense is on IR.  They're still better than us.

#10 Patriots
*They have nobody with a name except Gilmore.  Nobody.  This is them every year.  They're still better than us

#11 Chiefs
*They've got no ILB

#12 Broncos
*No ILB

#13 Panthers
*They've got no ILB

#19 Seattle
*The best ILB in the game and they're one rank better than us

#21 Buffalo
*They've got one of the best ILBs.  21st. 

#25 Jaguars
*Myles Jack isn't saving them.

#32 Dallas
*They have excellent ILBs and they're the worst defense in the league

• Like 1

Pettine gives bald people a bad name.

Looks like Bane, coaches like Tinkerbell. 

Turns Preston Smith into a pawn to pass around.

Puts Oren ILB Brooks at EDGE.

Drops 300 pound Kenny Clark into coverage.

Plays Jaire BAMF 9 yards away from the WR.

The only blitzes defensive backs run are run blitzes.

10 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

Then that Oline Sucks..

First and foremost … huge over reaction … except for Pettine.

We’re at the same point we got to with Capers.  For like four years too long we were content with Capers not being able to stop the run or the pass because Rodgers scores points and we forced turnovers and got sacks.

We aren’t forcing turnovers or getting sacks anymore, we’re just giving up rushing yards, passing yards and points.

We’re tied for 4th worst in interceptions with two on the year.

15th in the NFL in sacks.

20th in points.

First in defensive investment.

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Pettine gives bald people a bad name.

Looks like Bane, coaches like Tinkerbell. 

Turns Preston Smith into a pawn to pass around.

Puts Oren ILB Brooks at EDGE.

Drops 300 pound Kenny Clark into coverage.

Plays Jaire BAMF 9 yards away from the WR.

The only blitzes defensive backs run are run blitzes.

Word … just drop back into zone and let Brady pick the Packers apart.  Sad, just sad.  No pressures, no sacks … just sit back and do nothing and hope for a turnover or penalty which neither happened.

I am cursed.  Watch football for defense, have one elite defense in past 20 years.

32 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This Pettine needs an ILB bull**** needs to stop.

I don't know why it's propping up again.  We had zero issues with ILB yesterday.  They didn't take us apart by attacking our inside linebackers.  In fact, the only completion I can remember to an ILB in coverage was when we put Oren Burks on Rob Gronkowski. 

Krys Barnes has been playing very well in that spot.  Certainly better than Martinez, especially in pass coverage. 

I can tell you why. It's popping up because we just watched 2 ILBs completely wreck the game for Tampa. White and David single-handedly destroyed our run game (completely took away anything outside the tackle. This is a good lesson that there is a middle-ground to the whole "ILBs don't matter" argument. I agree that paying a guy like Blake Martinez $10m a year is one of the dumbest moves a team could make. The difference between Martinez and Krys Barnes is not wide enough to justify that type of investment in an ILB, who really won't make a difference. Yesterday, however, you saw two players who transcend that general rule. Those guys are difference-makers.