Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We didn't really hit them with anything. You can get their cornerbacks, but we didn't really try to. 

I agree .. Rodgers went into a shell after the turnovers and LaFleur never was unable to get him back on track.  Their Dline is elite though and their linebackers are awesome athletes.  We aren't even close to their level. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Could have spent money on DL instead of on Kirksey. We have undrafted free agents playing as well as he played in the first couple games.  

ILB was a bigger concern then DL, you have a pro bowl defense tackle anchoring the line.The packers needed to sign a ILB, they let Martinez walk and had nobody at LB. 

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Look at Pettine’s ranks as a DC:

Passing yards - 1,3,5,8,10,23,27,18,18,14

Points - 1,6,20,20,20,9,29,22,9,20

Why is he or was he ever considered good?

When Pettine emerged it was on a defense set up and built by Sexy Rexy Ryan. I hate to say it but most of the credit that Pettine is living off he owes to Ryan. I hate to say it but honestly since his first year he's been pretty trashy with what he has to work with.

I won't claim to be a DC but we rarely dictate, always seem to be very reactionary, very risk adverse? Just some traits i see. The Pack have invested heavily in the D over the years and we have some talent maybe not in all the right places but we have it.

It's quite possible that MLF needs to look for someone who is more like him to run the D.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Was wondering why they were doing that too? Everyone knows Brady is the check down king and they were constantly lining 7-10 yards off the ball. A quick pass to one of those slot guys is an automatic first down. Is this be design? Do they players get to choose if they press or not? Are they afraid of getting burnt over the top?

6 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Was wondering why they were doing that too? Everyone knows Brady is the check down king and they were constantly lining 7-10 yards off the ball. A quick pass to one of those slot guys is an automatic first down. Is this be design? Do they players get to choose if they press or not? Are they afraid of getting burnt over the top?

You would think they would want be as close to their man as possible because they are already horrible tacklers in open space as it is.

1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

When Pettine emerged it was on a defense set up and built by Sexy Rexy Ryan. I hate to say it but most of the credit that Pettine is living off he owes to Ryan. I hate to say it but honestly since his first year he's been pretty trashy with what he has to work with.

I won't claim to be a DC but we rarely dictate, always seem to be very reactionary, very risk adverse? Just some traits i see. The Pack have invested heavily in the D over the years and we have some talent maybe not in all the right places but we have it.

It's quite possible that MLF needs to look for someone who is more like him to run the D.

Agreed ... young guy to look at who is aggressive and done a damn fine job ... Jim Leonard from the Badgers.  

• Like 1