Jump to content
Outpost31

Pettine Sucks Fire Pettine

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Like Pettine for example? I'm not a big fan of Pettine's style of defense, but changing DC now? I can't see the benefit. 

If things don't improve and fast with Pettine and his scheme ... the results of doing nothing will be a heck of a lot worse than making the change. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JQ1 said:

I tend to think Lafleur/Gute would bring in an up-and coming younger defensive mind, as opposed to recycling somebody that’s floated around the league for years. That written, I don't have any names to toss out because I don't have a clue who that might be. Maybe somebody from college like Jim Leonhard?

I think I might lose my ish if Jim Leonhard is mentioned as a possible DC possibility again...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just like to mention that Jim Leonhard is a possible DC possibility. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire Pettine, keep Gray as secondary Coach and upgrade a guy like Mike Smith and put him as the interim and see how it develops. If it doesn't work hire a young guy from Baltimore/Tamps/Pittsburg staff in the offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

150 million dollars spent on Smith, Smith and Clark.

12th overall spent on Rashan Gary.

16th overall on Jaire Alexander to cover.

21st overall on Darnell Savage to cover.

50 million spent on Amos to cover.

Dropping Preston Smith and Kenny Clark multiple time, rushing 3 multiple times, 9 players in coverage on 2nd and 8 and still allowing a first down completion, 2 pressures on 28 drop backs...

Pettine.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

150 million dollars spent on Smith, Smith and Clark.

12th overall spent on Rashan Gary.

16th overall on Jaire Alexander to cover.

21st overall on Darnell Savage to cover.

50 million spent on Amos to cover.

Dropping Preston Smith and Kenny Clark multiple time, rushing 3 multiple times, 9 players in coverage on 2nd and 8 and still allowing a first down completion, 2 pressures on 28 drop backs...

Pettine.

What are you trying to say:) Pet for Prez?

Unless he's running a conservative approach based on what MLF wants he needs to go back to what he did here year 1. Put pressure on the QB. Make him alone beat us, and at worst have him getting up off the ground multiple times. QB's other that Favre don't really like getting hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PACKRULE said:

What are you trying to say:) Pet for Prez?

Unless he's running a conservative approach based on what MLF wants he needs to go back to what he did here year 1. Put pressure on the QB. Make him alone beat us, and at worst have him getting up off the ground multiple times. QB's other that Favre don't really like getting hit.

Questions I would love to hear beat reporters ask: MLF, what's up with the defense and why did the pass rush take a major step back this year?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Joe said:

Questions I would love to hear beat reporters ask: MLF, what's up with the defense and why did the pass rush take a major step back this year?

MLF was just give his standard answer of "we'll look at the tape and re-evaluate".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

MLF was just give his standard answer of "we'll look at the tape and re-evaluate".

"We'll get that cleaned up"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think I might lose my ish if Jim Leonhard is mentioned as a possible DC possibility again...

.

Edited by JQ1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, incognito_man said:

30th in DVOA

He seriously needs to go

AND I TRIED TO TELL ALL OF YOU!

@packfanfb and I were the only two, maybe you Incog I don’t remember, who just wanted him gone period after that atrocious Championship game.

I ****ing said this would happen.  You don’t get your *** handed to you to the tune of 200 plus rushing yards and 35 plus points when the QB only attempts 8 passes if you have a good coordinator.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bold move would be to fire him now, rip off the band-aid and try something new. Instead, the odds are far better that Pettine will be the DC here for the next 3 years.  

This Is The Way GIFs | Tenor

Edited by packfanfb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any defense minded head coaches losing their jobs this year?  Dan Quinn is already gone.  Usually they get head coach gigs due to being one of the best coordinators.  Sometimes, they should just be a coordinator like Wade Philips.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...