Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

I think the biggest takeaway is Clark is really really important to this D interior. 

Need to stop the big plays but Cousins operated the pocket well and there just wasn't a lot of opportunities till they were playing prevent. 

I'm hopeful they can sort some of this stuff out.

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

34 points is unacceptable.  I’m not being sarcastic at all.  I don’t care if we’re up by 60, you don’t allow that to happen.

Way down on this season after that.

The game was never in doubt, but we definitely cant sleep on detroit

Third worst scoring defense in the NFL so far.  I doubt our ranking will rise too much after week one.  I’m furious right now.  I was so excited right up until that last drive of the first half and then it was like, “Hey, we got an INT and a sack we’re done now.”

Starting with the last play of the third quarter, MIN had 3 more drives the rest of the game. All three were touchdowns and they clocked in at 1:16, 1:58, and 2:07. Each had a successful 2 point conversion. We managed to bleed MN for 1 timeout during that span. If we're going to play prevent, it would be nice if it actually prevented.

Edited by Cakeshoppe
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Which they converted...

Yeah, but they are humans and I’m sure they saw Rodgers going Rodgers and they took stuff off.

Not saying it’s right... but I’m sure they knew they weren’t losing so they likely just were looking to get out of the game healthy.

6 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Starting with the last play of the third quarter, MIN had 3 more drives the rest of the game. All three were touchdowns and they clocked in at 1:16, 1:58, and 2:07. Each had a successful 2 point conversion. We managed to bleed MN for 1 timeout during that span. If we're going to play prevent, it would be nice if it actually prevented.

That is brutal.  

5 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

And people think I’m overreacting.  That **** seeps into a unit’s mind over time.  You think the ****ing Patriots defenders ever take it easy?

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And people think I’m overreacting.  That **** seeps into a unit’s mind over time.  You think the ****ing Patriots defenders ever take it easy?

I hate it too .. we do this crap all the time.  Instead of just continuing to punch a team in the throat we let up and let them creep back into the game.  I don't think it's just a Packers problem, but I would like to see us have the mentality to flatten teams when weve got them down.