Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

3 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

Link?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robreischel/2020/11/02/rex-ryan-rips-green-bay-packers-defensive-coordinator-mike-pettine/?sh=42c0273657ae

“It’s the mentality. It’s the mentality of it man. It’s horrible the way the linebackers are keying. It’s absolutely horrible.”

“Look, they can say, ‘We’re 12th in the league in (total) defense,’ ” Ryan said. “But you guys stink when it counts. I don’t know who’s coaching the inside ‘backers (Kirk Olivadotti), but my God! Mike Pettine you better go coach ‘em yourself. And that team has to toughen up or they're done. One and done.”

Edited by Howler

Coleman is also out.

We just saved 10 rushing yards total.

Just going to be embarrassing when a fullback torches us for an NFL fullback record of 200 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns.

Because that’s happened only 3 times since 2018.  Since Pettine became our DC.

Once to a team playing Derrick Henry, both other times against Pettine.

On 11/3/2020 at 4:55 PM, Outpost31 said:

Coleman is also out.

We just saved 10 rushing yards total.

Just going to be embarrassing when a fullback torches us for an NFL fullback record of 200 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns.

Because that’s happened only 3 times since 2018.  Since Pettine became our DC.

Once to a team playing Derrick Henry, both other times against Pettine.

I think the Smiths have a big night. 

9 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Well we can close this thread lol

Lol.  Yeah, we’ll climb over the next two weeks against backup quarterbacks and then play the Seahawks, Buccaneers, Saints or any other playoff team and everyone will be back.

I will NEVER let this thread die.  Not until Pettine is off this team.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Yeah, we’ll climb over the next two weeks against backup quarterbacks and then play the Seahawks, Buccaneers, Saints or any other playoff team and everyone will be back.

I will NEVER let this thread die.  Not until Pettine is off this team.

Bro I was joking, this niner game shouldn't even count, id hope the packers look good when they are playing against a HS team due to injury/covid.

9 hours ago, dwaye50327 said:

Well we can close this thread lol

We still saw a similar trend. Playing off  on 3rd and medium allowing any smart team to get to the sticks (Luckily the 49ers either dropped the ball or Mullens missed his guys). Run game still gave up 4.3 avg to Jerrick McKinnon. This is the same team we saw against the Vikings that just happened to have a ton more talent then.