Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

X's and O's isn't my strong suit as well; but with a secondary like we have, King, Jaire, Amos, Savage, Jackson, Sullivan, wouldn't that mean we can give extra support in the run department? I would rather lose if our studs got beat, rather than refusing to help a weakness. 

21 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

X's and O's isn't my strong suit as well; but with a secondary like we have, King, Jaire, Amos, Savage, Jackson, Sullivan, wouldn't that mean we can give extra support in the run department? I would rather lose if our studs got beat, rather than refusing to help a weakness. 

I'm in the same boat, if our players get beat 1 on 1 because the other player is better, I'm ok with that. But when we lose because Pettine is too dumb to make an adjustment, or we come lined up like its 3rd and 20 every play, that's what irritates me.

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

On that last timeout we called .. anyone think LaFleur called it once he saw that the Packers were lined up to only rush three?  After the timeout the Packers were lined up to rush four.  

I noticed that too, but didn't really dawn on me at the time. I don't think I know more than any coach or GM in the NFL, but sometimes I'd like to hear Pettine's calls and his logic behind the calls because some of them are just dumb.

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

On that last timeout we called .. anyone think LaFleur called it once he saw that the Packers were lined up to only rush three?  After the timeout the Packers were lined up to rush four.  

3 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

I noticed that too, but didn't really dawn on me at the time. I don't think I know more than any coach or GM in the NFL, but sometimes I'd like to hear Pettine's calls and his logic behind the calls because some of them are just dumb.

Even my wife noticed it.  I don't KNOW why it happened, but my GUESS is that MLF rammed his foot so far up Pettine keister that the 3 fingers he was holding up morphed into 4 because of said foot.

And....found it funny that our announcers missed what happened there.

They were really focused on talking about how "soft" the Packers are.  And I'm actually agreeing with that.  But, they failed to talk about the few instances when the Packers turned it up a notch and were not "soft".  That instance being just one of them.  There were more.

Clearly they wanted to get that note out there early and often.

17 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I remember seeing the camera focused on 12 talking to the Smith Bros, with his hand covering his mouth.  Who knows what was said, but we all know who’s calling the shots.  Controversy!

Joking aside, I do wonder what he was saying.  Probably just that we gotta get this one, let’s take this rookie to task.

45 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Even my wife noticed it.  I don't KNOW why it happened, but my GUESS is that MLF rammed his foot so far up Pettine keister that the 3 fingers he was holding up morphed into 4 because of said foot.

hopefully la fluer will start doing more of this, more of getting into pettines a** during the game, maybe some things will change. Pettine has to know he is on the hot seat, he either doesn't care or the game has passed him by and he doesn't see it.

45 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

And....found it funny that our announcers missed what happened there.

They were really focused on talking about how "soft" the Packers are.  And I'm actually agreeing with that.  But, they failed to talk about the few instances when the Packers turned it up a notch and were not "soft".  That instance being just one of them.  There were more.

Clearly they wanted to get that note out there early and often.

One of those announcers questioning the Packers manhood was Greg Jennings. So there is that. But they were really laying into them.  And they certainly were deserving of the criticism yesterday. 

• Like 1