Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

This is the alignment Pettine decided was the right plan for 3rd and 3. Let's note the Colts put Jacoby in, basically guaranteeing a run play. Yet, despite this, Pettine decided, "hey, against 5 OL and 1 TE, I'll go with 2 DL, 2 stand up OLBs, neither of who play the run particularly well, one 230-lb LB and a 200-lb safety as the other "linebacker." Somehow who is smarter than I am please explain to me how this alignment is supposed to stop the run on 3rd and 3?  

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is the alignment Pettine decided was the right plan for 3rd and 3. Let's note the Colts put Jacoby in, basically guaranteeing a run play. Yet, despite this, Pettine decided, "hey, against 5 OL and 1 TE, I'll go with 2 DL, 2 stand up OLBs, neither of who play the run particularly well, one 230-lb LB and a 200-lb safety as the other "linebacker." Somehow who is smarter than I am please explain to me how this alignment is supposed to stop the run on 3rd and 3?  

It's 11 personnel and they have their speed guy in. I've seen far worse alignments under Pettine than this one. 

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Normally Nagler aggravates me but man I’m glad he asked this question and asked it directly.

At least you didn't get pure coach speak bs, he seemed pretty irritated and honest about it, as far as coach press confs go.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I couldn't even tell you what this is it's so bad, cover 6??

As bad as that was, if Rivers has a little more time to look down field the Colt score. That WR flies past ever DB with ease as well when the clip stops to show our DB’s on their heal just beyond the first down. 

Edited by MantyWrestler

17 minutes ago, Norm said:

At least you didn't get pure coach speak bs, he seemed pretty irritated and honest about it, as far as coach press confs go.

Yeah you can tell he’s struggling to stay on script throughout his explanation on this one. The way he hesitated and continued looking anywhere but directly at Nagler is telling. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Yeah you can tell he’s struggling to stay on script throughout his explanation on this one. The way he hesitated and continued looking anywhere but directly at Nagler is telling. 

I thought he did a pretty good job with it, but yeah it made him a little uncomfortable but ****, it's a pretty damn valid question.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Looking at nagler? Aren’t those questions coming in digitally? 

Good question, honestly didn’t even consider that with press conferences not being the same with COVID. Not sure if there was anyone actually in the room with him or not he was directly addressing. Even still, his eyes are everywhere but straight ahead the entire time he’s talking. I don’t think he was expecting that question to be asked as he didn’t have any clue how to answer without thinking while he was talking. 

Edited by Rodjahs12