Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

Today was a weird day for the defense. They were basically fine until we went up 29-10. Had a good streak of stops there after the first drive TD.

I'll keep saying it, if Gute would just make one move to add a decent D-lineman, I think it would complete this unit, make us tougher to run on and give our pass rush more 3rd down opportunities to make some plays. 

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Today was a weird day for the defense. They were basically fine until we went up 29-10. Had a good streak of stops there after the first drive TD.

I'll keep saying it, if Gute would just make one move to add a decent D-lineman, I think it would complete this unit, make us tougher to run on and give our pass rush more 3rd down opportunities to make some plays. 

Kirksey did have a couple nice stops today, but do you still think he’s an extreme upgrade over Martinez?

Also, it’s a terrible precedent to set what Pettine allowed today.

I don't think the team played poorly overall, but there were some significant lapses on defense, including defensive effort.

Gotta give them the negative for the points given up.  But it was a little bit better performance than the points scored show.  More like.. giving up 25 than 30+

54 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Kirksey did have a couple nice stops today, but do you still think he’s an extreme upgrade over Martinez?

Also, it’s a terrible precedent to set what Pettine allowed today.

Kirksey didn't look like an upgrade today, but I do think he's the better player who will make more plays over the course of the season. That is...assuming he is not playing behind a 3-man front of Lowry-Lancaster-Keke.

• Like 1