Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

Facts are facts. Our defense has played well enough to win 17 out of our last 20 games. Isn't that the point? Is it perfect? No. Is it ideal? No. But geez we're whiney and spoiled. 

Yeah that's great, you all will be like this all regular season, then after we give up 38 and we get eliminated you'll all be in here. Then the off-season comes and it gets forgotten while we win.

Outpost and I are just already in playoff mode. This team is going to the playoffs, I don't need to be concerned about that, so I'm judging them based on a playoff standard right now, and unless the offense is perfect, it's not a championship winning defense.

• Like 4

This, “We’ve won 17 of 20 games this way,” mentality is infuriating.

We won all sorts of games from 2011-2019, yet we haven’t won a Super Bowl.

What has kept us from winning in those years?

DEFENSE.

How anybody can watch this defense and be okay with it in light of how our seasons have ended each of those years I just can’t tolerate.

We have a defense of BAMFs coached by ****ing Bald Tinkerbell.

Pettine gives bald people a bad name.  I’d take LEGO hair back over Bald Tinkerbell.  At least Capers still sent a blitz or two while having the most convoluted back half scheme imaginable.

We went from over complicated **** your defensive backs to the simplest boringest defense possible.

Fire Pettine and replace him with Gray (with Wade Phillips hired as a consultant).

The fact that our defense sucked in the 1st half of the Lions game, got their *** chewed by their offensive trained HC who literally sprinted to the locker room to do so, and then came out and played a hell of a 3rd Q in week 2 shows you exactly the kind of coaching this group needs. I've seen that from Pettine in the past, I'm not sure where it's gone, but he'll need to find it to save his job.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah that's great, you all will be like this all regular season, then after we give up 38 and we get eliminated you'll all be in here. Then the off-season comes and it gets forgotten while we win.

Outpost and I are just already in playoff mode. This team is going to the playoffs, I don't need to be concerned about that, so I'm judging them based on a playoff standard right now, and unless the offense is perfect, it's not a championship winning defense.

That's exactly what he said, whiney stick up your *** spoiled brats... because you know you're going to the playoffs... is like saying your parents are rich so you as a child is going to complain about how the maid didn't prefect dust everything in the less important 2nd dinning room...

The Packers are winning, and so you're going to ***** how they're not winning well enough...

And it's perfectly fine to ***** about the maid at times, but if you're unwilling to give the maid any damn credit when they do a good job (as just make up excuses), then people come out looking like biased ******* just looking for anything to ***** about...

But nope, if the defensive stops Wilson, it was only for one quarter because apparently the Seahawks had them on the bench for the other three quarters...

Or if the defense basically stopped everyone but the RBs, the coordinator needs to be fired, despite the GM stupidly giving Lowry a big contract and basically ignoring the DT position which lots of fans said was a huge off season need... 

But yep, we'll continue the narrative everything is Green Bay is absolutely perfect, if only we'd fire this one guy...

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The fact that our defense sucked in the 1st half of the Lions game, got their *** chewed by their offensive trained HC who literally sprinted to the locker room to do so, and then came out and played a hell of a 3rd Q in week 2 shows you exactly the kind of coaching this group needs. I've seen that from Pettine in the past, I'm not sure where it's gone, but he'll need to find it to save his job.

He’s turned into Tinkerbell.

I was the happiest person in the world when we hired Pettine.  I saw a guy hungry to get back into coaching, someone who wanted to have the mentality of not giving up a centimeter when up by 37.

What I got was a guy okay with giving up a 90 second touchdown because his offense was up by 21.

Defensive mentality is 100% a reflection of their coach, and our defense is soft as hell.

Can anyone name a single blitz we ran all season long that wasn’t Jaire improvising?

Because I can’t.  I can’t think of a single edge blitz.  The only blitzes we run are Z. Smith rushing from the middle.  Like that’s unexpected.  

The offense has obviously taken a step forward this season, but just as obviously, the defense has not.

This team is likely to be bounced from the playoffs the first time the offense fails to put up 30 points.  Even 30 seems like a 50/50 proposition for being enough when the likely opponents are teams like SEA, NO and SF.

I don't see that outlook as me being a spoiled fan.  It seems very much like reality. 

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

That's exactly what he said, whiney stick up your *** spoiled brats... because you know you're going to the playoffs... is like saying your parents are rich so you as a child is going to complain about how the maid didn't prefect dust everything in the less important 2nd dinning room...

The Packers are winning, and so you're going to ***** how they're not winning well enough...

And it's perfectly fine to ***** about the maid at times, but if you're unwilling to give the maid any damn credit when they do a good job (as just make up excuses), then people come out looking like biased ******* just looking for anything to ***** about...

But nope, if the defensive stops Wilson, it was only for one quarter because apparently the Seahawks had them on the bench for the other three quarters...

Or if the defense basically stopped everyone but the RBs, the coordinator needs to be fired, despite the GM stupidly giving Lowry a big contract and basically ignoring the DT position which lots of fans said was a huge off season need... 

But yep, we'll continue the narrative everything is Green Bay is absolutely perfect, if only we'd fire this one guy...

Lol save it, you're definitely the high road Packer fan we should all strive to be.

I'll happily be spoiled fan. I want Super Bowl's at this point. Regular season wins don't do it for me.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I was the happiest person in the world when we hired Pettine.  I saw a guy hungry to get back into coaching.....

It might have been nothing more than lip service....to not upset the MM/HC situation....but Pettine publicly disavowed interest in a future HC position.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

It might have been nothing more than lip service....to not upset the MM/HC situation....but Pettine publicly disavowed interest in a future HC position.

Doubt it, Pettine explained that he loves football and hates admin, and when you become head coach the percentage of admin changes....

Plus he got stuck with a horrible owner who forced them to play players before they were ready, Johnny Football... and maybe shouldn't of even been drafted... and Shanahan left because of that ... and I'm thinking that took a toll on Pettine too.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol save it, you're definitely the high road Packer fan we should all strive to be.

I'll happily be spoiled fan. I want Super Bowl's at this point. Regular season wins don't do it for me.

I might not be high road, but at least I'm not a hypocrite of blaming our red head step child for team mistakes while refusing to give him any credit for team success.

The idea that all the good things are the players and all the bad things is the coach is pure stupidity.

If the Packers are winning, Pettine isn't going anywhere, they don't make those types of bold moves. So, what's the solution? Win now so you can play at home in January. That's why the game last night was so critical. There's only one bye this year and the Packers have the early leg up for it. The NFC East blows, the Saints already have 2 losses and I don't see Tampa as a real contender in the NFC South. The best division by far is the NFC West but it is so good, no team should be able to get to 13-3. 

The Packers have a real shot at taking the regular season crown and making the playoffs go through a cold Lambeau field. That alone would cover up some of Pettine's deficiencies and give our defense the best edge it's ever going to get. Playing on the road in the playoffs against Seattle, SF, NO and maybe a few other teams simply is not a realistic option if you want a Super Bowl appearance. 

*** I'd add to this, since I don't think Pettine is going anywhere, here are two very simple moves that IMO, have to be made in order to make our defense better: 

1. Sit Redmond -- he's a liability against the run and pass. No idea why Greene is suddenly in the dog house (maybe he's still not 100%), but that has to chance. Teams will pick on your weakest player and last night Redmond was exposed over and over and over again. They need a change there. 

2. Sit Dean Lowry -- Lowry should be reduced to no more than about 10 snaps a game, I don't care about his salary. He's next to worthless out there. Once Clark is back, him and Keke are your top 2 players on the DL. Hell even Billy Winn who has played in 4 years had more of an impact on the defense yesterday than Dean. To supplement, Packers need to make a move either now or by the trade deadline for a No. 2-3 DL. Then you roll with Keke-Clark-New Guy in your base and not only strengthen your DL, but also the rest of your defensive front. 

Edited by packfanfb

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He’s turned into Tinkerbell.

I was the happiest person in the world when we hired Pettine.  I saw a guy hungry to get back into coaching, someone who wanted to have the mentality of not giving up a centimeter when up by 37.

What I got was a guy okay with giving up a 90 second touchdown because his offense was up by 21.

Defensive mentality is 100% a reflection of their coach, and our defense is soft as hell.

Can anyone name a single blitz we ran all season long that wasn’t Jaire improvising?

Because I can’t.  I can’t think of a single edge blitz.  The only blitzes we run are Z. Smith rushing from the middle.  Like that’s unexpected.  

There was a game changing blitz yesterday from Savage last night?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There was a game changing blitz yesterday from Savage last night?

Yeah, I remember that one.  I bet Savage pulled a Jaire.  And that was a first down carry if I’m not mistaken.  I wouldn’t call it game changing.  

Dom Capers 2.0 sucks and needs to go. I was so disappointed when MLF was hired and decided to keep him. 

Historically users on this board have been wrong about DC. They made so many excuses for Dom Capers that it became laughable. So whatever any of Pettine’s “supporters” say is worth nothing.

But Packers leaderships is glacial at making changes. They kept stale MM when he should have gotten the boot after 2015 NFC championship game. (Maybe even after 15-1 season they got embarrassed in playoffs).