Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

Kind of stuck with what we have for this season.  If the defense continues on it's current trajectory, I may consider jumping off the MLF bandwagon if he keeps Pettine on for 2021.  There is very little that the defense does well.

Edited by Mazrimiv

1 hour ago, PackGymRat said:

Fair enough. I went back and checked and in ‘18 you were hard on Pettine’s performance.

So I made a mistake in thinking you favored the guy.

Yes. You've done that like 5 times this season already and you keep getting called out on it...Glad you stuck around after a loss long enough this time to recognize it

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

I dont think a full scheme/setup change is needed midseason.  Different game plan philosophy.  Different voice.  

Unless its outside the packers those voices are already there. Different gameplan? What was wrong with the gameplan today? Players played like crap. We sold out for the run all game and their oline control the LOS and Cook was explosive. 

At this point, Pettine needs to go regardless of who's to blame. He's the captain and the first one through the wall always gets bloody. 

But, if we look across the board, our personnel is WAY underperforming this year and it's scary, not just this year, but for the future:

Z Smith - still having good year but off his pace from last year in terms of his overall play, which was spectacular so that's okay.

P Smith - being outplayed by Fackrell pretty much every week. He's not even Nick Perry right now. Enough said.

Gary - had a good start, but has tapered off. Still playing like a mid-round pick, not the 12th overall player. By comparison, Burns is twice the player Gary is right now.

Clark - let's talk about him for a sec. What's going on here? I know the groin injury took him out for a while but since he's been back, he's had very little impact. Bradbury handled him today. He's a guy who was unblockable down the stretch last season (5-6 sacks) and I'm not sure he has a QB hit so far this year... maybe a few. Clark is certainly underperforming. 

Alexander - literally the only player on defense who is playing better this year versus last year. 

King - production from last year (ints/pbus) not there plus he's hurt again. 

Savage - serious question...is he even good? I literally have not seen the guy make a difference-making play in weeks, if at all this season. Personally, I think he's regressed this season and certainly doesn't look like a 1st round pick. 

Amos - pretty close to the same player as last year, steady but never spectacular. He's okay but probably not worth his contract right now. 

ILBs - both rookies, they're fine. 

Edited by packfanfb

Just now, packfanfb said:

At this point, Pettine needs to go regardless of who's to blame. He's the captain and the first one through the wall always gets bloody. 

But, if we look across the board, our personnel is WAY underperforming this year and it's scary, not just this year, but for the future:

Z Smith - still having good year but off his pace from last year in terms of his overall play, which was spectacular so that's okay.

P Smith - being outplayed by Fackrell pretty much every week. He's not even Nick Perry right now. Enough said.

Gary - had a good start, but has tapered off. Still playing like a mid-round pick, no the 12th overall player. By comparison, Burns is twice the player Gary is right now.

Clark - let's talk about him for a sec. What's going on here? I know the groin injury took him out for a while but since he's been back, he's had very little impact. Bradbury handled him today. He's a guy who was unblockable down the stretch last season (5-6 sacks) and I'm not sure he has a QB hit so far this year... maybe a few. Clark is certainly underperforming. 

Alexander - literally the only player on defense who is playing better this year versus last year. 

King - production from last year (ints/pbus) not there plus he's hurt again. 

Savage - serious question...is he even good? I literally have not seen the guy make a difference-making play in weeks, if at all this season. Personally, I think he's regressed this season and certainly doesn't look like a 1st round pick. 

Amos - pretty close to the same player as last year, steady but never spectacular. He's okay but probably not worth his contract right now. 

ILBs - both rookies, they're fine. 

BTW How are Chistian Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence playing in comparison to Gary? Those were the other notable DTs taken spots after Gary.

10 minutes ago, Howler said:

BTW How are Chistian Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence playing in comparison to Gary? Those were the other notable DTs taken spots after Gary.

I think Simmons is a guy a lot of GB fans were willing to take a risk on in that spot.  Consensus top 5 pick, then the pre-draft injury had him falling to mid RD1.

• Like 1