Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

Watch the body language of defenders on Thursday.

If they come out looking like they’re going through the motions, it probably means they’re secretly hoping Pettine gets canned.

We’re at a breaking point honestly.  We’re not going to stay 20th ranked defense.  We’re either going to improve to around 15th and pull it together or we’re going to fall completely apart.

With our bye week gone, after this Thursday will be the last chance to fire Pettine mid season.  10 days for Grey or Smith to take over or for Dan Quinn/Wade Phillips to come in and put something simple, but aggressive together.

• Like 1

Just now, skibrett15 said:

this has almost no impact on what happens in any decision around coaches/owners/GMs.

It's not working against us at all.

The main thing working against us is Mike Pettine.

You'd be surprised actually...

I will definitely agree that Pettine is the problem, but can't see a situation where the team will remove him unless pandemonium in the streets ensues....or MLF remembers that he wanted to pick his own DC in the first place...

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

You'd be surprised actually...

I will definitely agree that Pettine is the problem, but can't see a situation where the team will remove him unless pandemonium in the streets ensues....or MLF remembers that he wanted to pick his own DC in the first place...

That won't happen in GB, people are way too nice and quiet. Hell the couple of packers games I've been to, I was told to settle down by some old farts because I was too obnoxious. Looked at them sitting on their hands and got even louder. They brought security over because I was being too "obnoxious". Had no alcohol or anything to fuel the "obnoxious" part, security guard told me to keep cheering. Before those games, I always wondered why Lambeau is like top 5 for fan capacity but not considered on of the loudest, all those damn old farts at the game not doing anything.

Edited by dwaye50327

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Okay.  So, coming on here and trying to defend Pettine (Mims) versus @Outpost31 (CGJ)

I like how the Saints player just sat there and took it. He wasn't about to get a lighter paycheck because of that. Curious thing though, what the heck did the Saints player say to get under Wim's skin like that? Must have been talking about his momma.

59 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Watch the body language of defenders on Thursday.

If they come out looking like they’re going through the motions, it probably means they’re secretly hoping Pettine gets canned.

We’re at a breaking point honestly.  We’re not going to stay 20th ranked defense.  We’re either going to improve to around 15th and pull it together or we’re going to fall completely apart.

With our bye week gone, after this Thursday will be the last chance to fire Pettine mid season.  10 days for Grey or Smith to take over or for Dan Quinn/Wade Phillips to come in and put something simple, but aggressive together.

I think you are right about looking at the language of the defenders more than the result of the game. We are playing a very banged up 2nd or even 3rd string 49ers team. If we lose to them, I expect Gute to fire Pettine.

5 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

I like how the Saints player just sat there and took it. He wasn't about to get a lighter paycheck because of that. Curious thing though, what the heck did the Saints player say to get under Wim's skin like that? Must have been talking about his momma.

Allegedly, CGJ stole Mims’ mouth guard on a previous possession.  Mims also accused him of spitting on him.

It’s crazy how every time someone goes ape **** crazy on someone, that someone did something ghastly and didn’t get caught by all that audio and video equipment on the field.

CGJ probably ripped Mim’s mouth guard out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

This is CGJ...the one that Michael Thomas punched in practice....and got suspended.

Rumor has it that CGJ spit at another bear WR...Miller.  But who knows.

Some guys just look very punchable.  @Norm knows this, especially when you steal his barstool.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Pettine won't get fired on the short week, the time to do it is obviously after the SF game unless the defense keeps them under like 10

We should see on Thursday how much the Packers like playing for Pettine.  If they dog it and get thrashed again he's probably a goner, but if they man up and knock the snot out of the 49'ers then he's probably safe for a while.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

This is CGJ...the one that Michael Thomas punched in practice....and got suspended.

Rumor has it that CGJ spit at another bear WR...Miller.  But who knows.

Some guys just look very punchable.  @Norm knows this, especially when you steal his barstool.

I imagine if I actually punched someone for that they would look just as confused as that DB did too.