Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

1 hour ago, StartBarr said:

#BringBackCapers is trending on Twitter right now

He’d be an improvement.  But seriously, there are better options than Pettine out there and the only question we all have is not if he’ll be replaced - it’s when.

I keep holding out hope that this will be the week that Pettine will have an epiphany - that he’ll be enlightened - that he’ll have read this forum and suddenly figured out exactly what his problems are.  And each week like clockwork, I and millions of other Packer fans are left with a nothing but shattered fantasies of him actually changing.  I’m naive and should’ve stopped fantasizing long ago that he’d suddenly get a freaking clue.  I’m wiser now, and my expectations couldn’t possibly be any lower.

6 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

maybe they should just tell Pettine he's gone after the year, use the rest of the games to build your resume. 

You’re better off firing him now as opposed to letting him continue to coach as a known lame duck. That’s one of the few ways I could see things getting worse. 

Edited by Rodjahs12

1 hour ago, KFP7 said:

maybe they should just tell Pettine he's gone after the year, use the rest of the games to build your resume. 

Sounds like an excellent idea, many times in my professional career I have often thought, I just needed to be told that my company would no longer be needing my services in order for me to be motivated to actually do my job.

I'm about ready to rage quit football. 

Look at all these teams drastically less talented than our defense, teams who have invested drastically less than we have. 

Steelers I can accept. 

I will still LOL at people who think ILB is the missing link.  Devin Bush is not great, he's fast.  Better than what we've got, but he's not playing like some elite ILB, and neither is Patrick Queen.  They're both actually bad, and they'd be worse here.  It's a wonder how good your ILBs look when the rest of the defense does their JOB and actually got coached to do things other than get as far upfield as possible. 

But I digress.  The Steelers invested in Heyward. 
Tuitt was a second rounder.
Dupree and Watt were both first round picks.
They traded for Williamson.
Terrell Edmunds was a first round pick.
They traded a first for Fitspatrick (who might be my favorite non-Packer).

They have invested heavily in their defense, have hardly invested anything into their offense and they're the last remaining undefeated team and - SHOCKER - the best defense in the league.

Rams I can almost accept.

Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey give the Rams the edge on elite talent since we've only got one (Jaire Alexander). 
After those two, tell me who they've got.  Off the top of your head, name one other player on that defense. 

Ravens I can accept.

They went out and added Campbell.
Brandon Williams.
They went out and traded for YN. 
They've used a lot investing in their secondary.

Dolphins I cannot accept. 

Think hard about who they've got. 
Wilkins hasn't been playing.
Xavien Howard is the only one I've got. 

Honestly not too disappointed in Pettine yesterday. YPP we gave up 5.7 which is average and only 3.8 a carry There were definitely moments I was mad (in particular soft zones),  but we lost more due to the 4 TOs (As well as 1 on downs.  Going back to back 3 and out as well hurt.

3 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Honestly not too disappointed in Pettine yesterday. YPP we gave up 5.7 which is average and only 3.8 a carry There were definitely moments I was mad (in particular soft zones),  but we lost more due to the 4 TOs (As well as 1 on downs.  Going back to back 3 and out as well hurt.

I think we lost the turnover battle but still beat them in points scored after turnovers, 14-6? Defense definitely stepped up sometimes. Seems if our edge is getting work done then our defense as a whole is better. Probably a dumb statement but 🤷‍♂️

Edited by deathstar

8 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Sounds like an excellent idea, many times in my professional career I have often thought, I just needed to be told that my company would no longer be needing my services in order for me to be motivated to actually do my job.

it was a bit of a joke, but unless you're in the professional sports business your comment doesn't really apply.  Especially the NFL with how high the turnover rate of coaches is. 

defense did get put in some pretty bad spots by the turnovers.  Especially the Rodgers interception.  They played an ok first half I thought, outside of 2 completely blown coverages.  There was good pressure on Rivers a lot of the game.

The 2nd half was very bad from the defense, but the offense was worse.

This has become a staple of Pettine's defense. These are game-changing plays and even average defenses simply do not allow this kind of **** to happen. It's embarrassing. 

Maybe even worse was the 3rd and 20 with 2:04 left on the clock. Packers still had 3 timeouts. Pettine simply tells our defense to play prevent, gifting the Colts 15 free yards (leading to a first down on 4th down), like it's nothing. I mean, what exactly is he even "coordinating" out there? Anyone in this chat could do that. 

• Like 2