Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol no.  You hire offensive coordinators for head coaches and hire young defensive coordinators so they can coach a defense good enough to get them a head coach job an harm a team.

Name the last defensive coordinator other than Belichick to win a Super Bowl.  They’re rare if they happen at all over the past 20 years.

Huh? I’m obv saying I wish he was still on GBs defensive staff the past couple years

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol no.  You hire offensive coordinators for head coaches and hire young defensive coordinators so they can coach a defense good enough to get them a head coach job an harm a team.

Name the last defensive coordinator other than Belichick to win a Super Bowl.  They’re rare if they happen at all over the past 20 years.

Mike Tomlin

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Pete Carroll

John Harbaugh (though more special teams background)

Tom Coughlin

Mike Tomlin

Tony Dungy

Bill Cowher

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Pete Carroll

John Harbaugh (though more special teams background)

Tom Coughlin

Mike Tomlin

Tony Dungy

Bill Cowher

Shut up.

Okay, I’m wrong.

But today’s NFL, you almost have to do it unless you’ve got your QB already.  

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

On track for the 11th-ish ranked defense again. 

Lol.  I would be tickled pink with an 11th ranked pass defense.  We play the Titans if you didn’t read what you quoted.

The Titans who run the ball.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  I would be tickled pink with an 11th ranked pass defense.  We play the Titans if you didn’t read what you quoted.

The Titans who run the ball.

Tannehill is a pretty good passer. May have just lost AJ Brown though.

31 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Tannehill is a pretty good passer. May have just lost AJ Brown though.

I’m worried about the no name receiver who will have a game he can tell his grand kids about.

What was the San Francisco guy’s name?  Ricky James?

534 career receiving yards.  184 against the Packers in one game.

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m worried about the no name receiver who will have a game he can tell his grand kids about.

What was the San Francisco guy’s name?  Ricky James?

534 career receiving yards.  184 against the Packers in one game.

Ahhh, Richie James. Had almost entirely forgot about that nightmare until you mentioned it!

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Maybe the genius of Hoody all this time has been pretty simple: put an offense out there that he himself would have a hard time stopping. He's been playing chess with himself.