Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Damn.... I don't want their record, I just wanna poach PG

Graham always struck me as an energetic and intelligent guy. Definitely an east coast guy and came out of the Pats tree. He left after Pettine’s first year to coach with Flores in Miami and then got the NYG gig with added assistant HC title. 

Im glad he seems to be doing well. He has a lot of talent to cook with there so the real test will be if they can make it work when they have to pay some guys but there are some innovative things happening there and Mia. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, beekay414 said:

This is why with the current makeup of the roster I'd be OK with investing in Snacks Harrison/Danny Shelton type players early in the draft or in FA. 

When we get the pressure package and our DBs out there, we play good defense. We just end up in way too many 2nd and 3rd and shorts because we give up 5 yards a rush.

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is why with the current makeup of the roster I'd be OK with investing in Snacks Harrison/Danny Shelton type players early in the draft or in FA. 

When we get the pressure package and our DBs out there, we play good defense. We just end up in way too many 2nd and 3rd and shorts because we give up 5 yards a rush.

This is where Mr. 361# guy comes in handy.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We'll see. You actually have to be good. He's done nothing but bounce around thus far. I'm sure every fan base sees 6'5 360 and gets excited.

His stop in GB will prove to be the charm.....for a few games at least. Just be Mr. Run Stuffer //  Immovable Object for the next two months :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

His stop in GB will prove to be the charm.....for a few games at least. Just be Mr. Run Stuffer //  Immovable Object for the next two months :)

Whole lot more to being a run plug than being big in 2020. The zone schemes are just too prevalent. The horizontal movement skills at scale are at an absolute premium right now. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Whole lot more to being a run plug than being big in 2020. The zone schemes are just too prevalent. The horizontal movement skills at scale are at an absolute premium right now. 

you mean we can't just grab some of the 350+ lb fans to stuff the run?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Okay.....so new definition: Mr. 361# Run Stuffer //  Immovable Object with some movement skills 👍

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Okay.....so new definition: Mr. 361# Run Stuffer //  Immovable Object with some movement skills 👍

There isn't allot of highlights or lowlights on Mr. Rush on the webs. When he was with the Raiders there were some guys high on him and his push ability up the middle. As AG pointed out though those stretch plays and cut backs can hurt if he can't move laterally. He's pretty new to the league and bounced around a bit lets hope he can find a home here and at worst push Lancaster and Lowery as well they both need it.