Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

7 minutes ago, Striker said:

That's a fan account.

Interesting - hard to tell these days.  Thought it was a foolish thing for a player to tweet, but when reading the comments there were folks urging him to delete the tweet, for what I assumed was to protect him.  I’ll have to try and find Amos’s real Twitter account.

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Interesting - hard to tell these days.  Thought it was a foolish thing for a player to tweet, but when reading the comments there were folks urging him to delete the tweet, for what I assumed was to protect him.  I’ll have to try and find Amos’s real Twitter account.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Striker said:

Rodgers wasn't in full stride when he approached the opening, and he didn't know Suh was closing in behind him...Would have been worth the risk, but no guarantees he hits pay dirt or that Suh doesn't cause him to fumble...We'll never know the answer, but defining moments are made by those willing to take the risk...Look at Lombardi in the ice bowl...He went for the win and not the tie, thus adding fuel to his legacy....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

6 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Rodgers wasn't in full stride when he approached the opening, and he didn't know Suh was closing in behind him...Would have been worth the risk, but no guarantees he hits pay dirt or that Suh doesn't cause him to fumble...We'll never know the answer, but defining moments are made by those willing to take the risk...Look at Lombardi in the ice bowl...He went for the win and not the tie, thus adding fuel to his legacy....

Appreciate the thoughts but technically LaFleur went for the win as well.

11 minutes ago, deathstar said:

We gave them a first down and still would’ve gotten the ball back with 1:40 and a timeout. They needed two to seal it. 

And do you think Rodgers is happy about not given the chance on fourth and goal?....LeFleur played the statistics, but I think he now knows he should have given his MVP quarterback the opportunity....Again historical moments are not defined by meek decisions....Ariens would have rolled the dice....His aggressiveness paid off in the first half....Again losing by eight is no different than losing by five.... 

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

3 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

And do you think Rodgers is happy about not given the chance on fourth and goal?....LeFleur played the statistics, but I think he now knows he should have given his MVP quarterback the opportunity....Again historical moments are not defined by meek decisions....Ariens would have rolled the dice....His aggressiveness paid off in the first half....Again losing by eight is no different than losing by five.... 

Should further add, at that point of the game we weren't very effective at moving the ball....We blew two interceptions by going three and out both times...Chances are good we never would have gotten that close to the end zone again anyways....

5 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Who cares if Rodgers is happy with it? The facts are the facts. Going for a TD is playing to tie and giving Brady over two minutes to go to get a field goal.

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Should further add, at that point of the game we weren't very effective at moving the ball....We blew two interceptions by going three and out both times...Chances are good we never would have gotten that close to the end zone again anyways....

So don’t trust Rodgers to win the game with over a minute left and a time out?

Just now, deathstar said:

Who cares if Rodgers is happy with it? The facts are the facts. Going for a TD is playing to tie and giving Brady over two minutes to go to get a field goal.

So don’t trust Rodgers to win the game with over a minute left and a time out?

Not when he doesn't have time to set up in the pocket....He couldn't complete one of three passes on the previous drive, so what's suddenly going to change?....The Bucs would have bull rushed our ineffective OL, keeping Rodgers from having ample time to find targets....

12 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Not when he doesn't have time to set up in the pocket....He couldn't complete one of three passes on the previous drive, so what's suddenly going to change?....The Bucs would have bull rushed our ineffective OL, keeping Rodgers from having ample time to find targets....

Sounds like you don’t have any confidence in them getting a fourth down TD and a two point conversion either...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Better to get 10 yards than 65...

Yup...based on yardard alone - sure.

Except.....if you're driving the ball - your *entire* playbook is open to you.

You can chuck it into the EZ from 40, 30, 20 yards out. 

With the time allowed you can hit 15-20yrd passes over the middle that the WR could run in

It's much bigger field. Tampa has to cover the entire field.

Miss on 4th & goal (which given previous attempts...) you're STILL going to have to drive the field PLUS get a 2pt conversion - just to tie. 

I dont have a problem with the FG decision. 

The GB D was going to have to get a stop on Tampa either way.
They came DAMN CLOSE to pulling it off. Kevin's bad day bite us in the *** again. 

I'll add this in.....

Maybe King's back was a factor. I dont know..but if I want to cut the player some slack for the lousy game he had.......*perhaps* that played into it. Otherwise - it was just a bad day....on the wrong day.

Edited by Leader