Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

14 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Be given a new contract vs being fired is a very different proposition. It would be crazy for the organisation to offer a new contract

I'm sure either way we'll find out whether he's back today or not - If he is, they'll announce a new contract with him, if he's not they'll say they agreed to part ways. 

24 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

So multiple reporters indicating that Pettine's contract is up. I refuse to believe LaFleur would choose to re-up him.

Yeah, I think the messages that MLF was sending during the press conferences were to Gutekunst and Murphy that he was not happy with Pettine.  That "marriage" was something that seemed forced.  MLF has earned the opportunity to bring in someone that he wants as DC.    Back to back 13-3 records, NCF North division titles and 2 trips to the NFCCG.

Let him pick his DC and move forward.  Otherwise, MLF should be looking to leave GB if he is not given that opportunity to make the call on the DC

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Yeah, I think the messages that MLF was sending during the press conferences were to Gutekunst and Murphy that he was not happy with Pettine.  That "marriage" was something that seemed forced.  MLF has earned the opportunity to bring in someone that he wants as DC.    Back to back 13-3 records, NCF North division titles and 2 trips to the NFCCG.

Let him pick his DC and move forward.  Otherwise, MLF should be looking to leave GB if he is not given that opportunity to make the call on the DC

MLF has been dropping those hints all season in the pressers. He has not been happy with the defense's preparation and lack of adjustments in game.

Considering we're going to lose a starting CB, one of the pass rushers at OLB, and cutting Kirksey... we need a DC who can do more with less and has a proven record of getting young guys into positions to succeed. I'm tired of the Capers/Pettine BS. 

• Like 1