Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Yeah, I think the messages that MLF was sending during the press conferences were to Gutekunst and Murphy that he was not happy with Pettine.  That "marriage" was something that seemed forced.  MLF has earned the opportunity to bring in someone that he wants as DC.    Back to back 13-3 records, NCF North division titles and 2 trips to the NFCCG.

Let him pick his DC and move forward.  Otherwise, MLF should be looking to leave GB if he is not given that opportunity to make the call on the DC

That was definitely the vibe last season and it made sense to hold over Pettine from McCarthy's last year, but the move to move on from Pettine should've happened after last season. MLF definitely needs to be given the ability to pick his DC as well; it'd be a horrible look from an organizational standpoint if he couldn't. Now is the time to make that change when Aaron is happy and willing to work with the organization on freeing up money to help the team get better.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Now is the time to make that change when Aaron is happy and willing to work with the organization on freeing up money to help the team get better.

Rodgers isn’t sacrificing any money. Restructure only means he gets the money up-front instead of having to wait for it to trickle out. 

4 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm actually a bit surprised that we didn't hear anything today regarding Pettine's status with the team, considering they all met today. I was BANKING that we would hear something. Hopefully first thing tomorrow! 

Late Wednesday was probably the earliest we were going to hear about potential coaching changes.  You've got the day after which is probably when the team takes a day to "grieve" the loss and try and keep from making any real opinions until emotions have settled.  Evaluations probably last 2-3 days, so if we don't hear one way by Friday I'd be surprised.

I really don't like the way Pettine used his DBs this year, and I think that's the biggest issue I have with him moving forward.  He got very little value out of his best player because he insisted on playing LCB/RCB but not actually adjusting coverage to account for having a shutdown guy out wide.  It's not a good thing that Jaire was tested as seldom as he was.  Teams did it because the coverage was cake elsewhere because Pettine barely ever slants his coverage.  If you know you can always get your WR1 lined up on their CB2/3 with no additional safety help, why would you ever test the sticky CB1?  He was so predictable on where his impact players would be and what they'd be doing.  It's telling that one of Jaire's best plays this season was him just making a mistake and rolling with it, because Pettine would never allow him to blitz.  

Why did he just keep leaving King out to die?  Amos has the experience and Savage has the speed to play single high and feel good with them just sitting over the top of the left side, plenty of different looks between rotating either up high or actually playing full Cover-2 over the top.  Mix in some C3, let Jaire come on some blitzes with Savage as a replacement if the offense puts a throwaway target out there, play Savage in the slot and let him blitz 40% of the time, I don't care just do something other than letting teams pick their favorite way to attack King and Sullivan after forcing them both to tackle a thousand flare routes.

• Like 2

DON'T ****ING TELL ME HE DID A GOOD JOB.

BRADY'S FIRST INTERCEPTION WAS A PUNT.  HE LITERALLY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING BY THROWING THAT BALL WHEN SAVAGE WAS BLITZING.

THE SECOND ONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A NEAR ****ING TOUCHDOWN TO EVANS BECAUSE KING COULDN'T COVER HIM AGAIN AND IT WAS A GODDAMN MIRACLE JAIRE WAS WHERE HE WAS, NOT ****ING COACHING.

AND THE BUCCANEERS STILL SCORED 31 POINTS.

EVEN IF YOU DISCOUNT THE TD THEY SCORED AFTER AARON FUMBLED, THAT'S 24 POINTS.  MAYBE STOP THEM ONE GODDAMN TIME IN THE RED ZONE IF YOU ARE A BEND BUT DON'T BREAK DEFENSE.

I SWEAR TO GOD AND ALL THAT IS SACRED, IF PETTINE IS RE-SIGNED I WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS SITE.

I will never watch football again if Pettine is re-signed.

It's one thing if you're the p***y Packers and you refuse to fire anyone because you don't want to hurt their feelings and you feel like idiots will stop being idiots, but re-signing Pettine is an active step towards complacency. 

I am scared I am literally in hell and that hell is just a similar simulation to life.  If Pettine is re-signed, that weird irrational fear of mine will be confirmed for me.  But I cannot be in hell because if Pettine is brought back, I will be able to leave football, and thus I will know I am not in hell because I will not have wasted 48 hours of my life on regular season only to get ****ed in the ****ing butt by Mike Pettine's ****ing stupidity HOW CAN YOU CALL THAT PLAY AT THE END OF THE HALF!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

DON'T ****ING TELL ME HE DID A GOOD JOB.

BRADY'S FIRST INTERCEPTION WAS A PUNT.  HE LITERALLY KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING BY THROWING THAT BALL WHEN SAVAGE WAS BLITZING.

THE SECOND ONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A NEAR ****ING TOUCHDOWN TO EVANS BECAUSE KING COULDN'T COVER HIM AGAIN AND IT WAS A GODDAMN MIRACLE JAIRE WAS WHERE HE WAS, NOT ****ING COACHING.

AND THE BUCCANEERS STILL SCORED 31 POINTS.

EVEN IF YOU DISCOUNT THE TD THEY SCORED AFTER AARON FUMBLED, THAT'S 24 POINTS.  MAYBE STOP THEM ONE GODDAMN TIME IN THE RED ZONE IF YOU ARE A BEND BUT DON'T BREAK DEFENSE.

I SWEAR TO GOD AND ALL THAT IS SACRED, IF PETTINE IS RE-SIGNED I WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS SITE.

I will never watch football again if Pettine is re-signed.

It's one thing if you're the p***y Packers and you refuse to fire anyone because you don't want to hurt their feelings and you feel like idiots will stop being idiots, but re-signing Pettine is an active step towards complacency. 

I am scared I am literally in hell and that hell is just a similar simulation to life.  If Pettine is re-signed, that weird irrational fear of mine will be confirmed for me.  But I cannot be in hell because if Pettine is brought back, I will be able to leave football, and thus I will know I am not in hell because I will not have wasted 48 hours of my life on regular season only to get ****ed in the ****ing butt by Mike Pettine's ****ing stupidity HOW CAN YOU CALL THAT PLAY AT THE END OF THE HALF!

To be fair it’s likely we are living in a simulation.

5 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

I really don't like the way Pettine used his DBs this year, and I think that's the biggest issue I have with him moving forward.  He got very little value out of his best player because he insisted on playing LCB/RCB but not actually adjusting coverage to account for having a shutdown guy out wide.  It's not a good thing that Jaire was tested as seldom as he was.  Teams did it because the coverage was cake elsewhere because Pettine barely ever slants his coverage.  If you know you can always get your WR1 lined up on their CB2/3 with no additional safety help, why would you ever test the sticky CB1?  He was so predictable on where his impact players would be and what they'd be doing.  It's telling that one of Jaire's best plays this season was him just making a mistake and rolling with it, because Pettine would never allow him to blitz.  

Why did he just keep leaving King out to die?  Amos has the experience and Savage has the speed to play single high and feel good with them just sitting over the top of the left side, plenty of different looks between rotating either up high or actually playing full Cover-2 over the top.  Mix in some C3, let Jaire come on some blitzes with Savage as a replacement if the offense puts a throwaway target out there, play Savage in the slot and let him blitz 40% of the time, I don't care just do something other than letting teams pick their favorite way to attack King and Sullivan after forcing them both to tackle a thousand flare routes.

Jaire needs to travel like we saw Ramsey and Davis do. That needs to be a requirement of the new DC.

As I said being there for the playoff game this year and being able to actually see the full pre-snap alignment, it was sad how often the Rams and Bucs went trips to the side of the field opposite Jaire. Best player on the field, rendered useless.

Jaire is a freaking stud, he could probably play any secondary position on the field. No reason he doesn't follow the #1 around on 70% of the snaps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reaper said:

This is starting to feel a little bit like when Dallas didnt resign Garrett. I hope this is what is happening. In a few days they will likely say he isn't going to be resigned.

Tonight seems like a logical time to hear something.  If we don't hear something by Friday, I'll be concerned.

• Like 1