Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

Just now, Brit Pack said:

If it wasn't for us British you Yanks would still be unrefined savages. In my opinion some of you still are.

I mean, the French gave us the Statue of Liberty.  The Brits gave us Boy George and Wham! and those goofs that call themselves Canada.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

4.5 million (Pettine and Tom Allen make similar salaries) but basically. I love that scheme. I love what they've been able to do with their players there. 

I guess I've never watched them that closely. They haven't had a relevant draft prospect on the defense since I was in HS. I would highly doubt since this is literally the first time I've heard of anyone being fond of that defense that someone from that tree will be considered for NFL DC positions. I find the UW tree with Wilcox, Aranda and Leonhard far more impressive.

What are people's thoughts on if Mike Pettine is let go and the Packers promote from within and decide to go with Jerry Gray or Mike Smith as our next DC? Probably not entirely inspiring hires but I just don't think that you can say "Oh he's the assistant of Mike Pettine, he will run the same soft *** coverages" if they know that's the problem MLF had with Pettine to begin with

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

They're expecting to hear from MLF today according to Naglers live podcast, it's not a for sure thing but they think today is the day we hear something! Fingers crossed! 

Don't see how we go into the weekend without some clarity on it.

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Talk about one of the biggest coaching failures in recent memory, and this one is even more on LaFleur than Pettine. Every time I think about it, the fact that this play was actually allowed to happen still baffles the hell out of me.  

Actually, didn’t MLF try to call timeout and the refs didn’t see it? Pretty sure that’s why he jumped up and stomped on the ground all upset that they allowed the play to go off.