Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

17 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Actually, didn’t MLF try to call timeout and the refs didn’t see it? Pretty sure that’s why he jumped up and stomped on the ground all upset that they allowed the play to go off. 

I think that was a different play but I really can't remember. I know there was another play where he tried to get a timeout and refs didn't give it to him. I think it was a the 12-man play maybe. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think that was a different play but I really can't remember. I know there was another play where he tried to get a timeout and refs didn't give it to him. I think it was a the 12-man play maybe. 

I was heavily intoxicated so I could be wrong - That first Bucs drive let me know what kind of day it was going to be and forced me to reach in my fridge early and often.

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

I was heavily intoxicated so I could be wrong - That first Bucs drive let me know what kind of day it was going to be and forced me to reach in my fridge early and often.

Yea, talk about a terrible first drive, vintage Pettine-defense style. Biggest game of the year, at home, crowd (even a small one) is into it, your players are supposed to be jacked, etc....

Do you make a quick early stop and get the ball to your offense? Nope. 

We proceed to let the Bucs walk right down the field, converting multiple 3rd downs and are forced to watch Sullivan and King get beaten over, and over, and over. 

Talk about setting the tone early...

Just now, packfanfb said:

Yea, talk about a terrible first drive, vintage Pettine-defense style. Biggest game of the year, at home, crowd (even a small one) is into it, your players are supposed to be jacked, etc....

Do you make a quick early stop and get the ball to your offense? Nope. 

We proceed to let the Bucs walk right down the field, converting multiple 3rd downs and are forced to watch Sullivan and King get beaten over, and over, and over. 

Talk about setting the tone early...

3rd down was the story of that entire game. Defense couldn’t get off the field no matter if it was 3rd and short, medium or long. Just disgusting realy.

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

3rd down was the story of that entire game. Defense couldn’t get off the field no matter if it was 3rd and short, medium or long. Just disgusting realy.

Brady just picked on King and Sullivan when he needed a play. It was really as simple as that. Decided to throw a few times against Alexander in the 2nd half and we had 3 straight INTs. 

Went back to the well against King on 3rd down to close the game out. 

26 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Do you hold the players accountable at all? I mean....it's not like Pettine was in coverage.

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The fact that LaFleur hasn't had his season ending press conference I have to imagine is because he wants clarity at DC before he does so. Last year's was a trainwreck, sounded like he wanted him fired and then the next day he was back.

If LaFleur wants him gone he should be gone .. no question about it.  

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The fact that LaFleur hasn't had his season ending press conference I have to imagine is because he wants clarity at DC before he does so. Last year's was a trainwreck, sounded like he wanted him fired and then the next day he was back.

With every hour ticking by today and no word on a presser from MLF, you have to think there's stuff going on behind the doors and they're just not ready yet. Whether that's a contract extension for Pettine or that's them trying to identify their next defensive coordinator. 

This isn't looking good imho for all of us that want Pettine gone.