Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

6 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

And just verified by an equally flimsy source. But do 2 flimsy sources saying the same thing = fact? I believe so in this case.

I mean I'd have been pretty shocked if he'd have stayed so I don't think it's that hard to believe.

I don't know if the TV showed it, but on the drive where the Rams put up the TD to get to 18, LaFleur called TO because he was livid with the soft defense we were playing. I've never seen an NFL coach use a TO for a non strategic purpose of stopping the clock. I knew he was gone after that. The halftime debacle and having 12 men in a critical time in the NFCCG should only have cemented it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean I'd have been pretty shocked if he'd have stayed so I don't think it's that hard to believe.

I don't know if the TV showed it, but on the drive where the Rams put up the TD to get to 18, LaFleur called TO because he was livid with the soft defense we were playing. I've never seen an NFL coach use a TO for a non strategic purpose of stopping the clock. I knew he was gone after that. The halftime debacle and having 12 men in a critical time in the NFCCG should only have cemented it.

Feels like the writing has been on the wall all year. Rarely see a head coach so openly critical of the approach used by one of his coordinators. And LaFleur did it multiple times.