Analytics and Film breakdown on why Rodgers is no longer elite

TecmoSuperJoe

9 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

You claim I'm childish for what I'm saying, but keep responding to it. K. :) 

Is not what you said NOT childish though? Let's be real here. Take a real close look at it dude.

I'm simply trying to show you how childish you are being in hopes that it will open your eyes so that we don't have to keep having these little spats between us. 

I'm getting the feeling that you are one of those type of the people that will not let anything go until you have the last word(Not judging, just explaining ). So if I stop responding, will that stop you from taking shots at me, and most importantly, turn a football thread into a personal therapy?

If that's all it takes then so be it. This will be my last response to you, and you can have the last word. 

But before I go, I wanna say this. This is my attempt to dead this **** between us. Take or leave it. 

Here's an idea my man, since you seem to have a problem with me then how about you put me on your ignore list and not mention me at all or bring me up again?  This way, we would avoid these little spats between us and everyone else can continue having actual FOOTBALL discussions instead of having to skim through our bull****. If your not willing to do that and you still have a real issue with me then PM me and we can either work it out. Or at the very least agree to disagree. 

It's that simple man. It ain't lead to all this drama. Truth be told, I have no issue with you whatsoever, even after our last convo where we disagreed and started throwing small shots at each other. I actually like that you bring on several different topics to talk about (especially now). I have ZERO issues with you.

But dude, you're now taking that ONE single topic that we had a disagreement on WAAYY too personnel brother. Let it go, my dude. What issues you seem to have with is puzzling to me. I ain't did **** to you.  

59 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Is not what you said NOT childish though? Let's be real here. Take a real close look at it dude.

I'm simply trying to show you how childish you are being in hopes that it will open your eyes so that we don't have to keep having these little spats between us. 

I'm getting the feeling that you are one of those type of the people that will not let anything go until you have the last word(Not judging, just explaining ). So if I stop responding, will that stop you from taking shots at me, and most importantly, turn a football thread into a personal therapy?

If that's all it takes then so be it. This will be my last response to you, and you can have the last word. 

But before I go, I wanna say this. This is my attempt to dead this **** between us. Take or leave it. 

Here's an idea my man, since you seem to have a problem with me then how about you put me on your ignore list and not mention me at all or bring me up again?  This way, we would avoid these little spats between us and everyone else can continue having actual FOOTBALL discussions instead of having to skim through our bull****. If your not willing to do that and you still have a real issue with me then PM me and we can either work it out. Or at the very least agree to disagree. 

It's that simple man. It ain't lead to all this drama. Truth be told, I have no issue with you whatsoever, even after our last convo where we disagreed and started throwing small shots at each other. I actually like that you bring on several different topics to talk about (especially now). I have ZERO issues with you.

But dude, you're now taking that ONE single topic that we had a disagreement on WAAYY too personnel brother. Let it go, my dude. What issues you seem to have with is puzzling to me. I ain't did **** to you.  

Hmmm...well, I guess that's that. I'll say I'm sorry for the stance I took which was a little too overbearing. It's over now. New course plotted. 

2ce7cd905c07b92a467a93426793a0cc.gif

• Like 1

This thread is long past overdue. In recent years it's been absurd hesitancy to define Aaron Rodgers toward how he's actually played the past 5 years. There have been some tentative articles by Bob McGinn and not much else. 

The Jordan Love selection was the most ineptly viewed draft choice of all time. I posted that here and elsewhere. The last thing the Green Bay Packers needed was a wide receiver or some complimentary piece. They needed to smack Aaron Rodgers in the head to determine if he actually has any intention of devoting to the game and returning anywhere close to his peak form.

Basically all Rodgers has done the past 5 years is say all the right things on Saturday from the 17th tee of that Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament in July, and make some occasional wow throws, while otherwise making sure the underachieving gear is chosen 80% of the time.

We might as well be raving about Ryan Lochte

10 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

In recent years it's been absurd hesitancy to define Aaron Rodgers toward how he's actually played the past 5 years.

You appear to be placing the entire teams failures on Rodgers, simply because he's the QB and I'm never behind that notion. 

Those last 5 years has still netted them 3 playoff appearance with Rodgers and the offense carrying them while playing with no real RB, no real TE, an aging WR (plus vastly overrated Cobb), and an inept defense due to constant poor drafting, development, and ignoring free agency.  

The only thing he has had during the majority of those 5 years is a very good OL and a very good WR in Adams........and that's it. 

Despite all this, Rodgers has carried the Packers offense....and ultimately the team. 

55 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

he Jordan Love selection was the most ineptly viewed draft choice of all time. I posted that here and elsewhere. The last thing the Green Bay Packers needed was a wide receiver or some complimentary piece. They needed to smack Aaron Rodgers in the head to determine if he actually has any intention of devoting to the game and returning anywhere close to his peak form.

I strongly disagree. There is no justifying taking a QB in the first round. NONE. I don't care if you believe that Rodgers is declining or not. There were MUCH bigger needs. There are still about 25ish other teams who still love to have a QB of his caliber--and no this isn't just by name recognition. 

Outside of Adams, who does Rodgers have to throw that he can rely on?  Lazar?  Sure Lazar is heavily slept on. Me and another Bears fan were just talking about this not too long ago. Lazar has ALOT of potential but he is also raw.  That gives no GM/coach any excuse to ignore an obvious issue(WR/TE) during a year where the WR position is presumably one the best classes in years.   

10 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You appear to be placing the entire teams failures on Rodgers, simply because he's the QB and I'm never behind that notion. 

Those last 5 years has still netted them 3 playoff appearance with Rodgers and the offense carrying them while playing with no real RB, no real TE, an aging WR (plus vastly overrated Cobb), and an inept defense due to constant poor drafting, development, and ignoring free agency.  

The only thing he has had during the majority of those 5 years is a very good OL and a very good WR in Adams........and that's it. 

Despite all this, Rodgers has carried the Packers offense....and ultimately the team. 

I strongly disagree. There is no justifying taking a QB in the first round. NONE. I don't care if you believe that Rodgers is declining or not. There were MUCH bigger needs. There are still about 25ish other teams who still love to have a QB of his caliber--and no this isn't just by name recognition. 

Outside of Adams, who does Rodgers have to throw that he can rely on?  Lazar?  Sure Lazar is heavily slept on. Me and another Bears fan were just talking about this not too long ago. Lazar has ALOT of potential but he is also raw.  That gives no GM/coach any excuse to ignore an obvious issue(WR/TE) during a year where the WR position is presumably one the best classes in years.   

Two of those three playoff appearances featured a defense that ranked higher in both points and yards. 2016 is really the only year in the last 5 where the Packers offense has carried. By and large, the team has been doing well when the defense does. It hasn't been getting carried, to the playoffs, at least, by the O.

It's just an outdated narrative to say the offense has carried in Green Bay. Roughly 2011 through 2014, that was blatantly the case. But aside from 2016, that hasn't really been true since.

2017 and 2018, the offense was better than the defense. Perhaps marginally, but still. But those were the years they missed, and neither were really better than average. So I'm going to assume those aren't the years you're talking about the offense carrying. Like, 2018 was an okay offense carrying a bad defense to still subpar levels.

I do think some are too harsh on Rodgers. But let's not create a false narrative to offset that. The fact that the Packers haven't been carried by the offense, and that Rodgers hasn't been producing carry caliber seasons is a part of why people are getting down on him. There are some valid reasons for it, the receiving corp is horrendously ignored. But the O hasn't been carrying.

Rodgers was an MVP candidate in 2016.  Primarily for the second half of the season, but still.  2017 was the injury, then we have 2018 and 2019.  2018 was a disaster, but 2019 was a good year.  Rodgers still a great QB, but elite is questionable.  This is the year we'll find out.  Maybe Love lights a fire under his ***.

According to many in the media, GB does not have a top 10 RB, possibly not a top 10 WR either, has arguably the worst WR/TE group in the entire league beyond that, has an iffyh and flawed defence with some very good but not elite players like Zadarius and Preston Smith, Kenny Clark and Jaire Alexander. 

Is it fair to say then in light of this that MLF had one of the greatest first seasons in NFL coaching history, to get that bunch of JAGs and has been a to a 13 win season? 

I mean if GB are as made out, then this would have to be the case. And given the almost historically poor draft (as per the media anyway) that GB had this off season, if they win the NFC North again surely we need to be discussing him with the very, very best coaches in the entire game, right? 

Check out this comparison of 2016-present.  http://pfref.com/tiny/PflrT

• Rodgers is 5th or 6th of those 6 and he's not even close to the top 4.
    • That's Kirk Cousins above him in everything!
    • This ignores new guys like Mahomes, Jackson, and Watson who are wiping the floor with him since they showed up.
  • If you compare 2016-2019 then Dak is better
  • If you compare 2017-2019 then Wentz is better.
  • If you compare either 16 on or 17 on hes about the same as Roethlisberger.
  • Russel Wilson is just plain better.

These are not opinions. They are hard numbers.

Note: When I am saying he's about the same as Ben I only mean that Rodgers lack of interceptions puts him in the range of some of these guys.

If you go by:

• TD%
  • Completion%
  • Yards per pass
  • ANY/A

then he pretty much winds up out of the top 15

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 11:16 PM, SkippyX said:

Again, this is not an attack Rodgers thread.

Its a please stop worshiping him for no valid reason thread.

Even when Peyton Manning was mostly just straight up bad in his final season, fans and announcers still gave him major props. Why? Because even though his play had dropped off at that moment, he'd already earned it. He was inconsistent but he could still do some things that showed flashes of brilliance.

People aren't going to stop admiring Aaron Rodgers because some video and stats show that he's no longer playing at the same, insane, 1st Ballot level he played at for a long time. And that's an extreme comparison I know, because Rodgers' play hasn't fallen to near the level Peyton's did in that final season.

You'll go insane if you're bothered by people continuing to admire a first ballot HOFer that has put together one of the most impressive careers in NFL history, who is also just now past their prime and isn't currently playing at the same high level they were.